XF 1.5 Migration to a new server issue

AndyTheMaster

Hello,
I have a issue about moving my XF to a new server.

Basically I have done (/forum is the XF root directory):

• Copy all files from /forum directory of the old server to the /forum directory on the new server.
  • Exported data from mySQL database of the old server and imported into mySQL database on the new server.
  • Changed the config.php file to new database connection.

Currently the forum works but it's not able to read data from database. Also I tried to connect to the admin panel but I'm not able to login (no error shows).
I think that the database connection is not working.

Here is the checklist that I have used:

Any idea?

Thanks.

If the forum works, the database connection works -- if that didn't work, you wouldn't have anything displayed.

We'll need you to be a little more specific about what problems you're having and exactly what behavior you're seeing.

The new forum appears to be closed, so I'm not 100% sure what you're referring to. Do you mean the 404 error on non-root pages? That would usually indicate that the .htaccess file was not migrated from your old server or that your new server doesn't read them (because of the default AllowOverride value in your Apache config; see discussion of concept here). If it's just the file not being migrated, you can rename htaccess.txt to .htaccess on your new server.

Top Bottom