MicroSupport Commercial [Paid] [Deleted]

The post to opening a ticket looks interesting. Can post put some screenshots up. Sounds like a very useful feature. Also, can guests open tickets yet?

The post to opening a ticket looks interesting. Can post put some screenshots up. Sounds like a very useful feature. Also, can guests open tickets yet?

Guests can make tickets yes but they cannot make tickets with an email only members can make tickets with an email.

Guests can make tickets yes but they cannot make tickets with an email only members can make tickets with an email.

So if guests can't make tickets with an email, then how do you reply to them? I don't understand what you mean. Please clarify or show screenshots.

Basically if you want guests to be able to use this add-on they can make tickets and how it keeps track is by their IP Address that is how it keeps tract of tickets and also the chat support they can also use to contact staff

I hope that helps :)

So if guests can't make tickets with an email, then how do you reply to them? I don't understand what you mean. Please clarify or show screenshots.

guests can goto your support system and make a ticket and as eransss said it stored there ticket with there ip address.
so when a user goes to your support system and click on my tickets it will show there tickets by there ip address.

guests can goto your support system and make a ticket and as eransss said it stored there ticket with there ip address.
so when a user goes to your support system and click on my tickets it will show there tickets by there ip address.

Ok that makes sense. My only concern would be if the guest later visits the site on another computer (work vs home) and can't access their ticket anymore. So there is no way to contact the guest via email to let them know their ticket is solved?

Ok that makes sense. My only concern would be if the guest later visits the site on another computer (work vs home) and can't access their ticket anymore. So there is no way to contact the guest via email to let them know their ticket is solved?

sadly at this time their is no way they would need to go onto the same IP Address in order to get that info but i know that Micheal is planing on implementing something where they can just use their email in the future.

sadly at this time their is no way they would need to go onto the same IP Address in order to get that info but i know that Micheal is planing on implementing something where they can just use their email in the future.

this is right i am working on something that will use there email address and a password as i dont want people just putting in an email address and accessing users info and tickets.

maybe i will implerment away that it will sign them up to the site when they make the ticket so next time they come to the site they would just login.

Does this addon have:
  1. XF alerts for support tickets
  2. assign tickets to staff members
  3. custom fields
  4. mobile access
  5. auto-closing after X days
  6. permissions per usergroup
  7. permissions per department
  8. tickets in user account
  9. links from ticket to user account
How does this deal with spam sent by email?

Does this addon have:
  3. custom fields
  4. mobile access
You can try this free version out this is kind of like the paid for version

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/microsupport-free.1588/

Does this addon have:
  3. custom fields
  4. mobile access

XF alerts for support tickets - Yes
assign tickets to staff members - you assign staff to the department they will only be able to view tickets from submitted tickets to that deparment.
custom fields - Yes
mobile access - Microcart can be used from iphones tablets and other devices
auto-closing after X days - this is being added so it will close tickets automaticly
permissions per usergroup - Yes
permissions per department - No
tickets in user account - Yes
links from ticket to user account - Yes
How does this deal with spam sent by email - This is still work in progress.

Hope this answers most of your questions, maybe start with the free version and see how it works then if you want to upgrade to the commercial version later on.

Thanks. That looks promising. We currently use Kayako Fusion.

Assigning a specific ticket to a specific staff member and claiming a ticket is something that we use daily. Often a member will ask about an event related to a staff member or something that a specific staff member is responsible for. Departments are too wide for that.

A feature that really saves us a lot of time is that our helpdesk first serves up possible answers for the query, before the query becomes a ticket. About 70% of the queries are answered this way.

One thing that we could really use is the ability for community members to fill the FAQ. We currently use Vaultwiki for most of our FAQ. This works great because the community can build it. But as its not part of our helpdesk, we need to copy all content to our helpdesk and keep two systems in order. :(

Another feature we find very useful is staff notes. This small discussion function makes it possible for staff to discuss tickets privately before responding to it.

We get in bulk spam through the kayako email piping function, but it never gets through the mail parser. I always have a couple of thousand recent attempts in my logs. Its something to take into account, as such amounts of spam would make the helpdesk unusable.

Is there a demo somewhere?

Assigning a specific ticket to a specific staff member and claiming a ticket is something that we use daily. Often a member will ask about an event related to a staff member or something that a specific staff member is responsible for. Departments are too wide for that.

A feature that really saves us a lot of time is that our helpdesk first serves up possible answers for the query, before the query becomes a ticket. About 70% of the queries are answered this way.

One thing that we could really use is the ability for community members to fill the FAQ. We currently use Vaultwiki for most of our FAQ. This works great because the community can build it. But as its not part of our helpdesk, we need to copy all content to our helpdesk and keep two systems in order. :(

Another feature we find very useful is staff notes. This small discussion function makes it possible for staff to discuss tickets privately before responding to it.

We get in bulk spam through the kayako email piping function, but it never gets through the mail parser. I always have a couple of thousand recent attempts in my logs. Its something to take into account, as such amounts of spam would make the helpdesk unusable.

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/microsupport-free.1588/

and if you would like to try out the full version from the client side you can at www.xfgeek.com or www.emouldings.ca/forum

have been working on this and you will be able to assign a member of staff to the ticket and only he/she will be able to reply to this ticket unless you are the admin who will be able to view all tickets even if they are not assigned to them.

when a tech is viewing a ticket he/she can add the reply they are giving to the KB FAQ's or as a predefined reply for next time

This is something that could be added without any problems as we already have a jquery chat system within this support script its just a matter of making one up where only the techs can login to it.

i have been using my support system for a few years now and have never had any spam problems.

Top Bottom