Microcart [Paid] [Deleted]

Does Microcart have any integration with the forums, so items (specifically services) can be purchased "in thread"?

I run a tech support forum (for a Joomla extension), where we provide several levels of subscription. I'd like to add some kind of ability to charge for one-off services within support threads. So, for instance, if your server is not accessible, and we need to set up a clone of it to work on locally, that's $xx for the "Site Setup" service.

From what I can see, it doesn't. Which is OK, I think I could work with Microcart as-is, certainly as a starting point, but it would be very cool if I could get some level of forum integration, so they can order a service from within a thread, which is then associated with that thread, for things like invoice / Paypal descriptions, and (hopefully) an indication on the thread display that specific service(s) have been paid for.

-- hugh

Does Microcart have any integration with the forums, so items (specifically services) can be purchased "in thread"?

I run a tech support forum (for a Joomla extension), where we provide several levels of subscription. I'd like to add some kind of ability to charge for one-off services within support threads. So, for instance, if your server is not accessible, and we need to set up a clone of it to work on locally, that's $xx for the "Site Setup" service.

From what I can see, it doesn't. Which is OK, I think I could work with Microcart as-is, certainly as a starting point, but it would be very cool if I could get some level of forum integration, so they can order a service from within a thread, which is then associated with that thread, for things like invoice / Paypal descriptions, and (hopefully) an indication on the thread display that specific service(s) have been paid for.

-- hugh
hi there m8

i like this idea but this would take sometime to get placed into the cart system.
iv got a new version thats almost ready for release and have some big changes for the release after this on,
so i will see what i can do with this idea for the big changes release one.

Mike

Thanks for considering it.

It just seems to make sense, for a cart system in XF to integrate tightly with the forums themselves.

-- hugh

is there a way to edit it so you dont need some of the information like "address" "zip code" but require other information like "world of warcraft username" ?

is there a way to edit it so you dont need some of the information like "address" "zip code" but require other information like "world of warcraft username" ?

with the new version you will be able to add extra input fields per item and turn off the address.
this way you can put what ever info you require before they buy the item.

The version that uses this has not been released yet as i'm working on the style of the cart at the moment.

with the new version you will be able to add extra input fields per item and turn off the address.
this way you can put what ever info you require before they buy the item.

The version that uses this has not been released yet as i'm working on the style of the cart at the moment.
Will that be added to the version that your website says will be out in 5 days?

I've found one tiny bug today.. When adding products, the dropdown only listed the first three categories. It would be nice if the categories could go deeper than one subcategory. Other than that, I've got it working nicely.

Top Bottom