XF 2.2 Merging two threads?

creativeforge

HI, I could nor find an answer so I'm asking:

There are two threads from the same member, one from 2022 and a new one today. The member wrote to ask the two be merged as the new one is a continuation of the old. There are already responses to that new thread, as there are to the old.

I looked but could not find an option to do so.

1- Is it possible to merge two threads and if so HOW?

2- Is this an addon function or native to Xenforo?

Thanks!

Andre

Thanks! However I don't see a checkbox except for Report. Is it possible to get more "newbie-friendly" instructions?

Thanks!

View attachment 298698
I think you are in the thread directly, you dont want to do that. Youll want to go to the user profile and find all thread by that user, in the search output, enable moderation and hit the checkbox marker on the two required threads and merge.

Screenshot_20240222_234755_Brave.webpScreenshot_20240222_234509_Brave.webp

Yes, however it doesn't show for all posts. And what I need to do is merge THREADS. So I assume if I select the first post that thread, the whole thread will follow? (Member has over 3,000 posts).

The missing checkbox. And it's not the only post like this missing a checkbox.

31fd1ae69bcdd789367fa651ab71a4b2.webp

THREADS. So I assume if I select the first post that thread, the whole thread will follow?

No you need to select threads not posts. It; actually seems not very straightforward. You may need to use the advanced search and display results as threads.

Then enable moderation to see the check box for each thread. As soon as more than one thread is checked you should see the merge thread option

Last edited:
You can also use enable moderation checkbox in both threads from the dropdown (image above) and a footer would appear in bottom with option to merge them. That's how I usually merge threads. Another option is to just move all posts from one thread to another. But this would kill the link pointing to the original thread. So best to merge properly while retaining a redirect.

Top Bottom