XF 2.2 merging database 1.5 - 2.2

hi everyone
I co ran a forum with a friend for many years he was always overly security conscious so never gave me full access.
he created the forum himself.
he sadly passes away a few weeks ago and obviously this has caused problems with the hosting company etc who shut the site down.
I paid out for 2.2 and created a new identical Forum and pretty much everyone came over to the new.
we have the issue of all the lost data from over the years etc and finally the host company has agreed on production of a death certificate etc to give me the database.
I don't want to merge users as everyone has just recreated there user details etc so no need for conflicts.
what I am hoping to do is merge all the data from the old forum int the new one would this be possible ?

what I am hoping to do is merge all the data from the old forum int the new one would this be possible ?
Should be:

Admin Panel -> Tools -> Data maintenance -> Import data (you may need to download the importer addon and install it)

You may also need to set up the old xenForo 1 forum and upgrade the database to xenForo 2, then run the import above.

When using the importer, don't retain IDs.

Try it on a test forum before doing the XF 2 -> XF 2 import on the live site. And remember to make a database backup of the live forum.

Should be:

Admin Panel -> Tools -> Data maintenance -> Import data (you may need to download the importer addon and install it)

You may also need to set up the old xenForo 1 forum and upgrade the database to xenForo 2, then run the import above.

When using the importer, don't retain IDs.

Try it on a test forum before doing the XF 2 -> XF 2 import on the live site. And remember to make a database backup of the live forum.

Top Bottom