merging two Xenforo forums

Are you trying to merge via the standalone importer? It looks like the install is being interrupted and it's trying to write the same node ID twice. Are the nodes named the same? You might need to rename one.

Also doubly make sure you're using the most up to date importer.

Just done a quick search check this thread as a reference point:

Just done a quick search check this thread as a reference point:
Thanks, I've read that one already
Are you trying to merge via the standalone importer? It looks like the install is being interrupted and it's trying to write the same node ID twice. Are the nodes named the same? You might need to rename one.

Also doubly make sure you're using the most up to date importer.

No, I'm using the importer in the admin panel

Currently I've created another test DB and uploading the board I want to merge so I can compare the XF_node table where the unique node id is at. hoping I can find the duplicates there

Sounds like you could do with a script to find dupliate references that allows you to change them.

Perhaps @MattW can help you with this database merging.

1695129937051.png

So I fixered it :) Running the finalize commands now. in the screenshot from phpmyadmin you can see under "node name" the 1st two values are forum and hardware, everything else is Null. I set those to null and three others that were not null and restarted the merge. Thanks for the tips and hints given :)forum-merge.webp

1. Going through this once again.
  2. importing two xenforo 2.2 forums into one.
  3. initial install is done.
  4. backed up all files from both forums, uploaded to the new vm, into the /home/xxxx/ntbackup/xxx/data and /home/xxxx/ntbackup/xxx/internal_data
  5. permissions on all files changed to 777
  6. using the XFI importer for the data and Internal_data Directories has me blocked.
  7. the paths to both are /home/xxxxxx/ntbackup/xxx/data and /home/xxxx/ntbackup/xxx/internal_data
  8. this is the error I get.
  • The directory '/home/xxx/ntbackup/xxx/data' could not be found or is not readable.
  • The directory '/home/xxxxx/ntbackup/xxx/internal_data' could not be found or is not readable.
  • both of the above should be readily fixable.. but its fighting me tooth and nail. sigh..
the notes I took last year when I did this were on a laptop that died a violent death. :(

thanks in advance for any hints, tips or devine remedies.

OC.

Last edited:
Top Bottom