XF 2.2 Merging two forums

parafly9

Quick question on trying to get redirects from two different vbulletin installs.

In my test imports, I have imported to my new xenforo install from two separate vbulletin accounts at two different domains and the import process creates the two vbulletin import logs as expected. I know I can only use original content ID's on a single import, which is fine, and the second import basically tacks onto the back end of the first import and generates new content ID's.

But am I able to use / reference two different redirects somehow? In the Redirect add-on, I am only able to pick one vbulletin import log to reference. That leaves my 2nd import without any redirection, and since the content ID's are different, I don't even know how I would redirect from there.

hope that question makes sense!

You cannot redirect from two forums with a single Xenforo install, if either of the source forums has any overlapping number for user ids, forums, threads, attachments, posts, etc. The odds are nearly 100% they will have overlapping ids.

You cannot redirect from two forums with a single Xenforo install, if either of the source forums has any overlapping number for user ids, forums, threads, attachments, posts, etc. The odds are nearly 100% they will have overlapping ids.

Ok thanks, that is kind of what I figured. I wasn't sure if there was a 3rd party option to use the xenforo redirect table from a diffrent URL

Top Bottom