Using two forums at the same time question

robvt

I have been considering a move from IPS for some time now. I have considered moving to xenforo but I cannot see a good way to import members and honestly my forum is so modded I think it might be more work than I want to invest in right now. My forum is a sports forum and we completely lost membership when the upgrade to the latest version killed our sports pick em modification. I found this one here for xenforo and quite honestly it is MUCH Better than the one I had on IPS.

So my question is this. I cannot move from IPS but I like this xenforo add on so much I am willing to buy the software just for this. The issue is two different log ins. I don't want that. Is there anyway to merge my members into xenforo? I have searched your threads seen mention of ways to do some bridging but what about IPS? Can I just import members into the xenforo DB? I only need it add a link to the pick em software not really any need for the rest of the forum software other than holding this addon since I cannot move everything as of yet. Any ideas or thoughts on a way to do this?

Thanks

So you're wanting to continue to use IPS along side XF?

New users won't be automatically imported to the XF db so not sure you'd want to take that route.

List your requirements for a full import into XF so you can just run one system. There is likely a path you can take to retain your customizations.

Thats a good point. I will have to consider that. For now some of the stuff is pretty big mods and budget wise not something I want to try and replicate but I might consider that, If I see I like the forum xenforo has I might dump it all and go that route. Thanks for the suggestion

Typically we deal with tickets within a few hours, depending on when they are submitted.

To clarify though, the installation service only covers the basic install of XF - it doesn't include any importing, set up, etc.

We don't provide import services.

Most people feel comfortable using the importer themselves - it's fairly straightforward.

Otherwise you would have to contract a third party.

👍

I see this note here:
"Indirectly, you can also collect data from a number of other systems by importing into XenForo 1.5, which currently has a larger selection of importers, and then running an upgrade on the XenForo 1.5 database to version 2. "

Is this still true? I would have to get 1.5 and then 2.0 to make this work?

Top Bottom