XF 2.2 Joining Two xenForo Forms

I have xenForo 2.2.8 patch 1 for my MODEL of aircraft. Due to the clubs president death, I now have a xenForo forum 2.2.13 for the BRAND of aircraft.

I'd like to merge the MODEL forum into the BRAND forum and have a couple questions.
  1. Do the forms need to be at the same software level to be merged?
  2. The older forum runs Media Gallery and Resource Manager? Can the license be transferred to the new form (different URL) or do I need to purchase new?
  3. Can data in Media Gallery and Resource Manager be transferred?
Thanks

1. No. You can just run an import of the forum you want to merge
2. Just update the licence URL that includes the media gallery and use that as your main licence (assuming you essentially have 2?)
3. Yes.

Make sure you go through the process of transferring the licence to your name if it was in the club presidents name previously. Not sure how this happens due to death but staff will help.

I have xenForo 2.2.8 patch 1 for my MODEL of aircraft. Due to the clubs president death, I now have a xenForo forum 2.2.13 for the BRAND of aircraft.

I'd like to merge the MODEL forum into the BRAND forum and have a couple questions.
  1. Do the forms need to be at the same software level to be merged?
  2. The older forum runs Media Gallery and Resource Manager? Can the license be transferred to the new form (different URL) or do I need to purchase new?
  3. Can data in Media Gallery and Resource Manager be transferred?
Thanks
You will need the importers and maybe someone to help you.
Have heard that @AndyB is good with these things

Not sure how this happens due to death but staff will help.
If the licence is owned by the deceased it would form part of his or her estate and maybe subject to probate. Regardless I doubt any licence can be transferred without the current owner's permission. That said there's nothing to be lost by raising the issue with a member of staff.

Make sure you go through the process of transferring the licence to your name if it was in the club presidents name previously. Not sure how this happens due to death but staff will help.
If the licence is owned by the deceased it would form part of his or her estate and maybe subject to probate. Regardless I doubt any licence can be transferred without the current owner's permission. That said there's nothing to be lost by raising the issue with a member of staff.
All xenForo software is in my name. The family transferred everything to me, including the URL's. I can't say enough good about them.
You will need the importers and maybe someone to help you.
Have heard that @AndyB is good with these things
Thanks for the reference.

Top Bottom