Lack of interest Merging Reactions

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Alien

Hey,

I'd like to merge a few reactions together to cut down on the quantity we have.

I don't believe the functionality exists to merge two reactions, so I'm going to make that request.

I'd like to be able to choose, say, a created positive reaction and merge it into "Like" for example.

This gets tricky when someone merges positives with negatives obviously, but I'm sure this can be accounted for.

Thank you for your consideration.

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Can you delete the reaction but it leaves their count the same?

I would not suggest merging, that is like changing people's intended words in a post.

Can you delete the reaction but it leaves their count the same?

I would not suggest merging, that is like changing people's intended words in a post.

That's an interesting thought.. Though we can do that with merging tags, merging with other thread, moving threads to other categories, etc. Perhaps we can limit it from positive to positive, negative to negative or something.. I don't think people will care if you merged awesome to like for example...

It's a can of worms you don't want to open. And "like" is often neutral. People will even "like" tragic events, as acknowledging the post. You don't want to be merging any reactions. I would simply delete it if you no longer need it.

You could essentially be changing how others are viewed.

If we don't end up being able to have this functionality, disabling is fine I suppose but my OCD could make that difficult. ;)

I guess I'd like to be able to choose what happens with the counts/stats though, I'd like for the disabled ones to be counted towards their totals somehow. I wouldn't want someone who got a lot of "LOL" (just as an example) to lose all of those and not get positive credit for them (through Like or whatever). Must be something that could be offered here...

Top Bottom