Lack of interest Menu Auto Close (xenforo.js)

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

stilly

Not sure this can be called a bug or is as intended, but it is not user friendly in my opinion.

Remove the fixed focus drop down action of the menus and add autoclose to or hoverintent after a timeout of a second or so,

So when someone hovers over a tab menu (or other menu) addon etc) that has a dropdown menu, in x milliseconds it will show the drop down (as is currently), and in a second or so (x), after mouse hover is no longer on the drop down, the menu auto closes.

Many of my members do not like when they hover over a menu and it will not close till they click elsewhere on the page or call another action. Menu should stay as long as the mouse is focused. When the mouse is no longer focused on the dropdown, auto close after x second(s) short, but no too short. This would prevent the "accidental" hover (which seems far too easy to accomplish) over a menu drop down as well as a more user friendly navigation experience.

Please like if you want to see this added.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Perhaps the solution is to not have menus auto open in the first place? I know there are accessibility concerns with opening on hover and click-to-open solves that to a large degree but it's not perfect.

Top Bottom