Fixed Members not getting alerts for mentions?

Divvens

Is there any reason that randomly members wouldn't get alerts for mentions?

All permissions are set fine and people are able to mention unlimited number of members, however at times there are a few who don't get alerts.

Do the watch alerts have more priority than the mention alert in case of a alert conflict? Maybe that would explain this.

Do the watch alerts have more priority than the mention alert in case of a alert conflict? Maybe that would explain this.
By design you only ever get one alert at a time. Imagine being quoted, mentioned in a watched thread.

Recently heard that the bd Tag Me add on causes watch alerts to happen before mentions.

By design you only ever get one alert at a time. Imagine being quoted, mentioned in a watched thread.

Recently heard that the bd Tag Me add on causes watch alerts to happen before mentions.
I don't use that add-on (have used it before but that was prior to 1.2)

So there is no fixed priority for alerts? It's just a random selecting, correct?

So if someone is tagged (and watches the media) they are bound to get only one (randomly) or is there any preference over the other?

No there is a priority but that add on reportedly uses its own order.

I think the order of preferences not XF is: Mention > Quote > Watch.

Some other things then. Mention alerts are only sent when a message is created. No alert is generated if the mention is added during an edit.

The users would need to have mention alerts enabled in their alert preferences (they are on by default so check they haven't opted out).

The max number of mention alerts limit applies to the person doing the mentioning. If the limit is 5 and they mention 6 people only the first 5 people will get the alert.

No there is a priority but that add on reportedly uses its own order.
I don't use said add-on.

Some other things then. Mention alerts are only sent when a message is created. No alert is generated if the mention is added during an edit.
The user tagged all during comment creation and not in an edit, he is the author of the media and immediately tagged/commented certain users:
01.webp

The users would need to have mention alerts enabled in their alert preferences (they are on by default so check they haven't opted out).
User who complained to have not received an alert (not only on this instance, but in multiple instances) has the following alert preferences:
HGkfpdR.webp

The max number of mention alerts limit applies to the person doing the mentioning. If the limit is 5 and they mention 6 people only the first 5 people will get the alert.
The user who posted a comment with the mentions has the appropriate permission to mention an unlimited amount of people.
02.webp

So any thoughts as to why the member doesn't receive the alerts? Because I'm out of ideas as to why this can happen, no error pops up and neither is the server overloaded or facing troubles that would hamper the alert process.

Has the member got comment mentions enabled in their Alert Preferences?

User who complained to have not received an alert (not only on this instance, but in multiple instances) has the following alert preferences:
hgkfpdr-png.112992

I'm presuming the person doing the mentioning is not ignored. Otherwise, I can't say I can think of any particular reason an individual person wouldn't receive an alert beyond what has already been mentioned.

Well then something seems to be seriously wrong, as it is not just one user but multiple users complaining that they don't get mention alerts randomly :unsure: Another user just reported this to me and sent me the following screenshots:

UsXidbG.png

nWYwpBH.png

He got the like alerts but not the alert for the mention/reply.

This happens randomly, it is not consistent.

And yes, all his alert preferences are set in order to receive the alerts.
p4fja5R.png

Could it even remotely be anything to do server side?

Or can there be any error due to there being many alerts at a particular time? Like some alerts just fail to be sent.

Can you confirm the issue on the default style and with add-ons disabled, if you haven't already tried that?

Please post a new thread in the relevant forum.

It's unlikely to be exactly the same issue so please consider it to be a new issue, explain the situation from the beginning and include reproduction steps.

Top Bottom