Implemented Member profile field, post count, trophies in post bit

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
As long as it's optional :). I know some communities(such as this one) will function better, faster and cleaner without the added stuff on there.

It won't be as concrete as an admincp option "Click To Enable" but it can definitely be done with the templating/plugin system as since the user id is being pulled, their info can be pulled also.

I doubt it would be quicker if members started adding dynamic sigs relying on third party sites.
http://xenaddicts.com/sig/
Not sure if you understood what I said, or I'm not understanding you haha :). All I'm saying is with the extra field on there, it's just extra information to pull and display, so having it OPTIONAL is ideal, I basically agreed with you :)

Not sure if you understood what I said, or I'm not understanding you haha :). All I'm saying is with the extra field on there, it's just extra information to pull and display, so having it OPTIONAL is ideal, I basically agreed with you :)

What I meant to say is that if people star adding dynamic signatures to display information like post count, trophies, etc. page loading will be significantly affected. The images used for dynamic signatures are stored on a 3rd party site.

Example of a dynamic signature

xf-jpg.761

Are you talking about the member profile field in a post? All of this info is displayed on the profile page, and some of it on the member card pop up. I believe it was left off of the member profile field in the post for a reason. Whatever that was, I like it. Give that page a clean, neat look.

Are you talking about the member profile field in a post?

Yes, like most forums have.

All of this info is displayed on the profile page, and some of it on the member card pop up. I believe it was left off of the member profile field in the post for a reason. Whatever that was, I like it. Give that page a clean, neat look.

Yes, like most forums have.
XenForo is not most forums.

It has a unique UI, design, and "feel" to it. Having a bare postbit is part of that theme. Adding "stuff", whatever that stuff may be, destroys the whole theme and feel that XenForo is striving to maintain.

People must get out of the mindset that just because they're used to seeing something on every other forum in the world, it belongs on XenForo. XenForo is revolutionary, and I don't use that term lightly. Think different. Think Xen. :D

It has a unique UI, design, and "feel" to it. Having a bare postbit is part of that theme. Adding "stuff", whatever that stuff may be, destroys the whole theme and feel that XenForo is striving to maintain.

People must get out of the mindset that just because they're used to seeing something on every other forum in the world, it belongs on XenForo. XenForo is revolutionary, and I don't use that term lightly. Think different. Think Xen. :D
If XenForo cannot be customized then it not that great of a script (but from what I have seen its going to be great). If admins don't make changes to their site then every xF site is going to be a cookie cutter, one not really different from the rest. If we were to think Xen as you want then there is no reason to have a mod section here. My sites display information about members vehicles etc, and yes dare I say, post counts and so will my xF site(s). While I have no problems editing files to get what I want displayed for many it will be a lot easier if they can just check a box.

If XenForo cannot be customized then it not that great of a script (but from what I have seen its going to be great).
I'm not sure what you're getting at. It can be customized. That's what editing templates is - customizing. :confused:

While I have no problems editing files to get what I want displayed for many it will be a lot easier if they can just check a box.
If everybody got their little checkbox instead of having to do some things manually in the templates, we'd have an additional dozen pages of settings (all checkboxes, of course :p).

Unfortunately, all my sites run VB 3 and the postbit contains info that I and other members need. I just hope there is an option to enable profile fields in the post. Ill have mine enabled and you can have yours disabled.

I'm not sure what you're getting at. It can be customized. That's what editing templates is - customizing. :confused:

You just said XenForo is revolutionary.... editing templates sure aint revolutionary. Being able to fully customize the postbit without editing the postbit is revolutionary.

You just said XenForo is revolutionary.... editing templates sure aint revolutionary. Being able to fully customize the postbit without editing the postbit is revolutionary.
With all due respect, What would be the point of a template system if everything is in "Options" in the admincp?

And nick i agree, if everyone got their little option in the admincp then that's where it leads to bloat and that can actually bring down performance as it's just another if-condition to run. We should only put options where there really is need for one.

One thing I hope to see as part of the official release of XF is the option to show user profile fields, post count, trophies, etc in the postbit. Will there be an option to display certain profile fields, etc in the postbit?
ain't feel good about this ... i prefer the postbit exactly like it was created ... it's so clean ... :)

With all due respect, What would be the point of a template system if everything is in "Options" in the admincp?

Not everyone is comfortable editing templates. I would say it is safe to assume that the majority of forum owners do not modify their boards themselves.

Top Bottom