Member not able to send PM to another member

kadona

A long-standing member of my forum has reported that for many months he has been trying to send a PM to another full member but always gets an error report as follows:

The following error occurred:
Participants:
You may not start a conversation with the following recipients:

Can somebody help me with this please?

Use Analyze Permissions in the ACP on the member who the PMs can't be sent to, as it sound like a problem with the "Receive new conversations" permission.

I found the 'Analyze Permissions' OK but it only allowed me to analyze forum material. I could not find "Receive new conversations' permission. Could you give me step by step instructions using > > > guidelines? Thank you.

It's OK I found the right place. I looked at the receiving member's permissions and compared them to others. They were all the same. Below is a snapshot.

Attachments

• permissions.webp
    permissions.webp
    3 KB · Views: 8
some options

the other member (reciever)

Allows messages only from those on follow/friends and the sender is not on friends/follow?
Other member has disabled Conversations

How can a member disable 'Conversations'. If he can disable them can you tell me how and where he does it? I have no doubt he would prevent his friend from sending him a message.

I have asked the receiver member to send a PM to the complainant. And asked the complainant if he has EVER received a message from the receiver member.

I am gradually learning this thanks to your directions Nadaii. I found where to edit the User in question's privacy section. The the member's privacy
tick boxes were different to mine. It asked 'Initiate conversations with this user' this was unticked so I ticked it. Would that be right?

i believe so yes, you could try by seeing if you could mail that member with a non staff account (as i think staff can contact even those with it disabled)

I am hoping that worked. I found that the complainant had all the boxes ticked whereas the receiver member did not have any ticked. I ticked them all.
I really appreciate this, as I am learning more about these things as I go along. Thank you.

i believe so yes, you could try by seeing if you could mail that member with a non staff account (as i think staff can contact even those with it disabled)

I will try this if what I have done doesn't work. For a non staff account I suppose I would have to register as a new member.

Top Bottom