MediaWiki Bridge [Paid] [Deleted]

Zelkova

Zelkova submitted a new resource:

MediaWiki Bridge - Bridges Xenforo accounts and user groups with Mediawiki

This bridge is a modification and update of the [SchmitzIT] MediaWiki Bridge that was developed by xfrocks.

I hired xfrocks to update the plugin for my own personal use.

This plugin is tested and is working on Xenforo 1.4.X and MediaWiki 1.24.1 and higher. It has NOT been tested with Xenforo 1.5 yet.

By purchasing this addon you agree and understand that updates for this plugin may not be immediate as I will need to have xfrocks update/fix any problems that may occur....

Read more about this resource...

Do the MediaWiki and XenForo have to be on the same domain?

As far as I know, they only need to be on the same server. I feel like thats something I should have mentioned.

Being able to use multiple servers is a feature I'd like to have in the future.

If you need a refund please let me know. I'll edit my OP to make sure that this is covered.

A typo by myself - I have the earlier version of this by xfrocks
MediaWiki Bridge

This version is a modification of the previous that allows it to run on newer versions of MW and XF. As far as I know it should overwrite your files. I have never used the previous version as I was not running old enough software to use it.

I would suggest that you either keep the old plugin available either in a separate folder or just rename the files so that they are not overwritten.

Being able to use multiple servers is a feature I'd like to have in the future.

If you need a refund please let me know. I'll edit my OP to make sure that this is covered.

No need for refunding. Additional I am willing to invest a little more, so that you can hire xfrocks asap. We should continue this via private conversation.

@Zelkova If you're going to hire xfrocks again, please ask him to add User Group Permissions on the XenForo side. I only want certain user groups to be able to edit the wiki. That would be a very useful feature.

Last edited:
@Zelkova If you're going to hire xfrocks again, please ask him to add User Group Permissions on the XenForo side. I only want certain user groups to be able to edit the wiki. That would be a very useful feature.

I am accomplishing this via permissions on the MediaWiki side.

Ex: $wgGroupPermissions['xf_ug11']['createpage'] = true;

User Groups are ported over to MediaWiki with the bridge and look like this xf_ug#. The # being the usergroup number on the XenForo side.

Last edited:
I'm having a bit of a problem when newly registered users are trying to view the wiki. It's tossing up the error:

ErrorException: Fatal Error: Call to a member function toString() on a non-object -wiki/includes/User.php:3768

Edit: Using MediaWiki 1.25.2 and XenForo 1.5.1. Looks like people who had wiki accounts before are able to browse as normal, but all new users are getting a fatal error and their account is not being created.

Edit2: Might be fixed after flushing all of MediaWiki's caches... still trying to replicate. :)

Last edited:
It's not working for me, I'm not logged in when I open the wiki?

(Versions up to date but using forum and wiki on different sub-domains)

Trying to login manually on the wiki, I see this error:
Fatal error: Class 'XenForo_Model' not found in /home/****/public_html/extensions/XenForo/authplugin.php on line 234

Last edited:
It's not working for me, I'm not logged in when I open the wiki?

(Versions up to date but using forum and wiki on different sub-domains)

Trying to login manually on the wiki, I see this error:

I've updated the list of warnings for this plugin.

Currently the plugin does not work with subdomains. (Ex: wiki.site.com), it only functions with a wiki folder. This is a planned feature for the future but for right now it just does not work. I'm still trying to find a freelance dev to work on the plugin because this is a highly sought after feature.

Ok. If you need a certain donation to have that fixed I might be able to help, in that case you can send a convo.

Top Bottom