mattwservices.co.uk - Server Configuration / Hosting / Support

I run a network of 4 forums, and some random websites hosted on one server.

I'm currently paying a server management guy to run the server.

Would Matt be able to take over that role? As I know jack about servers. But run some big boards. (2 of the 4 are 1m+ posts, one other not far behind, one newish).
Yes, this is one of the services I offer. I manage the servers of several people of here with some quite large boards.

We went back a third time to @MattW, had him install SSL on our server as well as ensure that the move to SSL is smooth. He went above and beyond, and fixed things in minutes that would take me hours!

We also had him update our server's PHP/Litespeed versions, he is best at what he does. I'm saying that the third time now.

Although we have a managed VPS, we cannot expect such management from them, and that too to be specific to XenForo.

We'll keep returning to Matt again and again for any server related work!

Hello everyone,

First of all, I would like to say that we hired Matt to maintain our web server, I have known the basics of maintaining a website along with its backend server, but for a production site, you cannot jeopardize it with an 'I know a 'lil about it.' You need a professional server administrator and all roads led to Matt.

#1 - Cost Efficient
You get so much for your money. He goes above and beyond the service that you have purchased.

#2 - True Customer Service & Satisfaction
Matt makes sure that he gets the job done and gives you tips/advice in case you face a problem. We once had a dilemma where we had to upload the changes we made from local server to production site, but he is done it with ease.

#3 - Prompt Responses
Even though we have separate time zones, every single time I message Matt(except Sundays), he always responds within a minute or two. It just can't get any better than that. The time that I was most impressed with him was when we needed to transfer our theme edits to the production site, I believe it was already night time in his area, but still, he replied quickly. I did not expect it and already concluded that we are going to work on it the following day due to how late it is already. However, in just a couple of minutes, the job was done. Our site at phenomenal speeds.

The only problem we have is, we have not hired him sooner!

In closing, I just want to say that, if you ever need a server administrator or a person who is capable of an all-around job, then look no further. Matt is the man!

Thank you very much,
Blast

Just updating here!

We've until now always been on managed hosts (VPS) since me nor my team know about server management in detail. The expense however was skyrocketing, and the managed providers never really gave a complete "managed" feel as they wouldn't support third party apps or our custom installations (and rightly so, they only provide management as per how they provide the server).

After talking to Matt, we've agreed to move to Linode, he'll be setting up our servers and managing the move. He is also going to set up our DNS with DNSMadeEasy, and I'm so looking forward to this move! Because we get a more powerful server, and we'll be signing up for Matt's monthly services (which is a complete win-win).

It's really been a blessing in disguise having come across this thread the first time and having used Matt's services, coz that moment has been helping us until now. Glad to have met such a wonderful and knowledgeable human being, I don't know what we'd do without him currently (and I'm totally not exaggerating!)

Just updating here!

We've until now always been on managed hosts (VPS) since me nor my team know about server management in detail. The expense however was skyrocketing, and the managed providers never really gave a complete "managed" feel as they wouldn't support third party apps or our custom installations (and rightly so, they only provide management as per how they provide the server).

After talking to Matt, we've agreed to move to Linode, he'll be setting up our servers and managing the move. He is also going to set up our DNS with DNSMadeEasy, and I'm so looking forward to this move! Because we get a more powerful server, and we'll be signing up for Matt's monthly services (which is a complete win-win).

It's really been a blessing in disguise having come across this thread the first time and having used Matt's services, coz that moment has been helping us until now. Glad to have met such a wonderful and knowledgeable human being, I don't know what we'd do without him currently (and I'm totally not exaggerating!)
Everything went great with the move, Matt upgraded our PHP and managed our backend cache change, moved all our content to our Linode node and configured it perfectly, my site loads a lot faster and a lot smoother and this is noticeable especially during interacting with content and viewing media.

He continues to monitor things after the move and fixes issues that crop up, some that I didn't even knew existed.

I am running short of words to explain just how profession and great Matt is with his services :D Seriously, if you ever have any sort of server related task, he is the man. Can handle all sorts of requests and is great at what he does.

When I moved my servers myself a few months back, we had 48 hours dns issues and lots of members being unable to connect. This time, in a flat 60 second time frame everyone was able to connect to our new server. Oh, and the whole process took just 40 minutes from closing to opening on new server... and we're talking about a board with 1.8m+ posts and loooooots of other content.

Thank you Matt, for everything!

Update!

So Matt had moved us to Linode (a more powerful server than our previous) and set up everything perfectly, he even monitored the server to make sure it was going to be smooth sailing. I realized that there is no backup solution out of the box with Linode, so I had to ask Matt for his assistance once again and he set up our backup system which works perfectly now.

This week our new server (named "Zeus") had its first test. Every Wednesday-Thursday we receive increased traffic, and these two days would see lost of lag and problems on our old server. But on Zeus? Zeus said EZ!

We had a constant 1800+ visitor count for over 48 hours, sometimes even topping 2500+ visitors for 12/14 hours. Our server load/cpu load didn't go above 110% (can go up to 600%!) and we had absolutely no lag, nada. It was such a relief and our users were very happy too.

We wouldn't have been able to move without Matt's assistance, and certainly I'd be more worried than I am now if it weren't for him! :D

@MattW saves us again!

My forum was down, everything on the backend was loading (cPanel/WHM) but the main website wasn't. I knew something was wrong but couldn't figure it out. It being Christmas I got scared, I reached out to Matt via his support site and there he was - fixed by issue within a minute and then is now spending time to make sure it doesn't happen again (was another site hotlinking to our attachments and sending us massive amounts of requests via those attachments).

Thank you Matt, you're awesome!

I'm looking into it now. All the sites are up, but they are randomly unreachable from various places. My own site is on it's own dedicated server, using DNSMadeEasy for DNS.

It looks to all be back up now. I've got a ticket in with my server provider, but looks to be a networking issue, as 5 servers in the same DC all had similar issues.

We were having problems with our cache settings and I asked Matt to take a look at it earlier today and move to Memcached, were using the Redis add-on and Redis but it was causing quite many errors and just repeating too often so I asked Matt to make the move.

It was done soon, so soon that it was all over by the time I finished breakfast XD

Last time, I was napping and Matt did the monthly maintenance all in a swift and professional manner.

Literally, if you wish to have peace of mind and sound sleep and not have to worry about your server, Matt is the guy!

I want to convert my vB 3.8.x forum to the latest XF. It's complicated by the use of vBSEO and various plugins. Russ at PixelExit recommended you, so I registered at your site to see if we can discuss it.

Top Bottom