• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Cannot reproduce Matched Users

imthebest

Formerly Super120
On a 1.4 RC2 installation using the standard search the "Matched Users" block on the search results page only appear when you perform the search being logged in. If you search as a guest that block will not be displayed.

On another 1.4 RC2 installation using the Enhanced Search 1.1.1 add-on the "Matched Users" block on the search results page only appear when you perform the search being logged in as an admin (and maybe as a mod too... haven't tested) but if you're a regular member or a guest then that block will not be displayed.

Unless I'm missing something here (like a usergroup permission) then we may have a bug here...

EDIT: just tested here and noticed that the Matched Users block always appear regardless if you're a member or a guest. And I'm pretty sure that this forum is using the ES add-on. This is a very inconsistent behavior but I'm not sure if this is a bug.

Last edited:

imthebest

Formerly Super120
On both installations the "View member lists" permission is set to "Never" for both usergroups: Registered and Guests. Admins have the permission enabled of course.

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
There is no involvement of ES here.

The code is just:
Code:
                if ($this->_getUserModel()->canViewMemberList())
                {
                    $userResults = $this->_getUserSearch($input['keywords']);
                }
                else
                {
                    $userResults = array();
                }
I still believe that it is the member list permission. Are you saying that the user name results are showing up in a case where you don't have the member list permission? (Can view view online users? If so, you have the permission.)

imthebest

Formerly Super120
So suddenly I'm not able to reproduce this anymore... WTF!?
Really weird...

Anyway will check later and see if it happens again.