Mark Posts as Best Answer [Deleted]

Lior.

Lior. submitted a new resource:

Mark Posts as Best Answer - Allows users to mark a post in their threads as best answer.

This add-on allows thread creators to mark a post as the best answer among all other answers.

The selected best answer is displayed at the top of the thread, as the first post, and is also distinguished by a "Best Answer" indicator and a different background color, as can be seen in the screenshots and in the video.

You can optionally enable the feature only in specific forums.

Also, it's possible to easily customize the look of the Best Answer indicator and the background color of a best...

Read more about this resource...

Ah something that I have been looking for!

PS: Are you the same Lior (liorko from elance) who used to do custom VB add-ons?

Oh it's not based on votes of best answer like stack overflow or yahoo answers?
No but this can be a feature request. An option to enable the best post by:
  1. Either the thread starter
  2. Or the most votes
  3. Or the thread starter (high weightage) and most votes combined

No but this can be a feature request. An option to enable the best post by:
  1. Either the thread starter
  2. Or the most votes
  3. Or the thread starter (high weightage) and most votes combined

Yeah, I see that now "allows thread creators to mark a post". I wonder if a Admin could mark it too.

It does not look like it. Any threads I started (admin account) show a "Best Answer" link but this link is absent in other threads started by other people.

Oh :( if not voted, I would at least like ability for Admins to select in as in the event of questions. Many people ask a question never to return to read it or couldn't be bothered to mark it as best answer.

For future reference, if you feel like expanding on this addon: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/mark-post-as-answer-mark-thread-as-answered.30626/

I've been waiting a long time for something like this.
Great suggestions, will definitely be looking into adding them.

Not sure about the multiple best answers option tough, as it kind of contradicts the concept of the mod (i.e. the best answer).

Ah something that I have been looking for!

PS: Are you the same Lior (liorko from elance) who used to do custom VB add-ons?
I am :) Who are you? (You don't have to tell, of course)

Oh it's not based on votes of best answer like stack overflow or yahoo answers?
This is actually the way Stackoverflow works - the OP chooses the best answer.

I'll be looking into adding a option for a votes-based best answer, though it's not really what this add-on is about.

It does not look like it. Any threads I started (admin account) show a "Best Answer" link but this link is absent in other threads started by other people.
Will be added in the next version.

So the best answer link doesn't show up for everyone and only the thread starter can see it? Not sure how this works exactly. Seems like a voting type mechanism would be helpful. Thumbs up or down. Most ups gets to be the best answer.

So the best answer link doesn't show up for everyone and only the thread starter can see it? Not sure how this works exactly. Seems like a voting type mechanism would be helpful. Thumbs up or down. Most ups gets to be the best answer.
Thumbs up and down contradicts in some way with the "Likes" system. I'm saying it's a good feature to include (for some), but it should be up the admins to enable/disable this feature through ACP.

Great suggestions, will definitely be looking into adding them.

Not sure about the multiple best answers option tough, as it kind of contradicts the concept of the mod (i.e. the best answer).
Change the concept? :P Seriously though, multiple answers (not best answers) isn't as important to me. It just helps for situations where there can be different correct answers.

Frikken Awesome!!

Well done and thanks Lior. It's at the top of my post 1.2 upgrade list. (y)

Top Bottom