Mark Posts as Best Answer [Deleted]

Thanks for the update.

I try to upgrade

got this error

Code:
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'xf_post.user_id' in 'field list' - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77

Stack Trace

#0 /home/mydomain/domains/mydomain.nl/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(115): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare('??????SELECT xf...')
#1 /home/mydomain/domains/mydomain.nl/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php(381): Zend_Db_Statement->__construct(Object(Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli), '??????SELECT xf...')
#2 /home/mydomain/domains/mydomain.nl/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(478): Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare('??????SELECT xf...')
#3 /home/mydomain/domains/dreamreef.nl/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(734): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('??????SELECT xf...', Array)
#4 /home/v/domains/mydomain.nl/public_html/library/BestAnswer/Installer.php(32): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchAll('??????SELECT xf...')
#5 [internal function]: BestAnswer_Installer::install(Array, Array, Object(SimpleXMLElement))
#6 /home/mydomain/domains/mydomain.nl/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/AddOn.php(215): call_user_func(Array, Array, Array, Object(SimpleXMLElement))
#7 /home/mydomain/domains/mydomain.nl/public_html/library/ConvEss/Model/AddOn.php(24): XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml(Object(SimpleXMLElement), 'BestAnswer')
#8 /home/mydomain/domains/mydomain.nl/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/AddOn.php(169): ConvEss_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml(Object(SimpleXMLElement), 'BestAnswer')
#9 /home/mydomain/domains/mydomain.nl/public_html/library/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php(231): XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile('/tmp/phpaRDr3Q', 'BestAnswer')
#10 /home/mydomain/domains/mydomain.nl/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(337): XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionUpgrade()
#11 /home/mydomain/domains/mydomain.nl/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#12 /home/v/domains/mydomain.nl/public_html/admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#13 {main}
Aanvraagstatus
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(60) "http://www.mydomain.nl/admin.php?add-ons/BestAnswer/upgrade"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["add-ons/BestAnswer/upgrade"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(3) {
    ["server_file"] => string(0) ""
    ["_xfConfirm"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
  }
}
Verwijder... Sluit
Hi,

I've contacted you via PC.

All right. You know better. :)
Don't get me wrong, I'm totally open for suggestions, it's just that I don't think this is something that would interest other users. I don't even understand why showing only a snippet at the top is better than showing the whole answer right after the original thread.

Is it possible to unbest it? like is some one wanna take it back and he think it is not quite the best answer, anyway to take it off? :)

Toda!

Will it show the amount of best answers per user at the sidebar? like in digitalpoint forum
It does.

The next version will also add a profile tab which will show a user's best answers.

Is it possible to unbest it? like is some one wanna take it back and he think it is not quite the best answer, anyway to take it off? :)

Toda!
Currently not, but will be added in the next version.

Looking good.

As mentioned before, would love to see a "voting system" similar to StackOverflow, but overall, amazing add-on.

Not sure if the new update also shows if a thread has been answered in the actual forum itself, or if that's just when searching. If not, I'd like to see that added.

Is there an option to allow an admin or moderator to choose a best answer? If not, can that be added? If so, where? :)

Edit, nvm, found the option in the user group permissions.

Is there an option to allow an admin or moderator to choose a best answer? If not, can that be added? If so, where? :)

Edit, nvm, found the option in the user group permissions.
Yes, go to User Group Permissions, then under Forum Moderator Permissions you can set "Mark any post as Best Answer" to be allowed.

Feature request: Display number of best answers in postbit under likes
Sure, will be added in the next version.

Just tested, and I've noticed the marked post is "moved" instead of "duplicated" ; Is it the expected behavior ? Because moving is weird as it lefts a hole in the discussion below if post was an answer of another post. If default behavior please consider an option to duplicate the post.

Just tested, and I've noticed the marked post is "moved" instead of "duplicated" ; Is it the expected behavior ? Because moving is weird as it lefts a hole in the discussion below if post was an answer of another post. If default behavior please consider an option to duplicate the post.
Or maybe a placeholder for where the post was?

This is currently by design, but you make a good point, I'll change this behavior in then next version.

Maybe I'm missing something but I can't seem to remove the filter for "Unanswered". In the bottom thread filters 'any' is selected, but the 'Unanswered' still appears at the top.

Top Bottom