Mark Posts as Best Answer [Deleted]

Yes.
1. Giving OP (if you choose this method) the permission to mark best answer in his/her thread only
2. Giving moderators/admins the ability to choose any post as the best answer

Reactions: rdn
What if I want:
  1. all mods/admin can mark/un-mark post as best answer
  2. then all registered members can only mark post as best answer if they are already registered for 3 months and have 30+ post count

Hello,

I have a bug to report and a suggestion to make.
I configured the addon to choose the best answer per community votes and above 3 votes. However, I noticed when a user votes on an answer and refresh the page, the sentence doesn't show, as it should, "Unmark as Best Answer" but again "Best answer".

Beside this, could it be possible to add a prefixe to the discussion, for example: "Answered"?
Will it be possible to investigate this issue and consider my suggestion for a next release of this addon?

Feature requests:
  1. In question forums, change the ctrl_title_thread_create phrase to 'Type your question here'. This small tweak is vital, because it changes the purpose of the thread title to a question. Without this users will enter a thread title like 'Help Me!!!!'
  2. On forum view add a clear link to unanswered questions.
  3. On Forum view replace the 'Post New Thread' button with 'Ask a Question'.
  4. Prefix threads with 'Answered' and 'Unanswered' or with the font Awesome icons for question-mark and check-mark
  5. List the most popular questions in the last month in the sidebar.
I'd like to sponsor these features. Maybe a few members can get together to make this happen.

Last edited:
Lior. updated Mark Posts as Best Answer with a new update entry:

A bug fix and an added feature

• Added an option to show an "Answered" prefix for threads that have been answered.
  • Fixed the bug that caused the "Unmark as Best Anwer" to now show after marking a post as best answer and refreshing the page when the best answer is chosen by the community.
  • All of the style properties (including the new one concerning the new thread prefix option) have been moved to a separate group.

Read the rest of this update entry...

+1 on this.
It would be nice to see if a thread is answered or unanswered. This way members can browse unanswered threads in order to answer those.
Actually, this can already be done using Thread Display Options.

Feature requests:
  1. In question forums, change the ctrl_title_thread_create phrase to 'Type your question here'. This small tweak is vital, because it changes the purpose of the thread title to a question. Without this users will enter a thread title like 'Help Me!!!!'
  2. On forum view add a clear link to unanswered questions.
  3. On Forum view replace the 'Post New Thread' button with 'Ask a Question'.
  4. Prefix threads with 'Answered' and 'Unanswered' or with the font Awesome icons for question-mark and check-mark
  5. List the most popular questions in the last month in the sidebar.
I'd like to sponsor these features. Maybe a few members can get together to make this happen.
I'm afraid these are too specific requests, and I might be mistaken, but I don't think most people would like these implemented.

I'm going to wait and see what features other people would like the most, then decide what I add in the next version.

Top Bottom