1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Implemented Mark individual forums read

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by (n)ickolas, Jun 13, 2013.

1. (n)ickolas

(n)ickolas Member

Can you please add the ability to be able to mark individual forums as read?

Thanks

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

That is already possible.

3. (n)ickolas

(n)ickolas Member

Oh, I wasn't ware of that. Is it possible to do this by using the individual forum icons?

4. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Icons no, but there is a suggestion for that.

5. BamaStangGuy

BamaStangGuy Well-Known Member

Forum icon ability would be nice.

6. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

xenforo.com/community/threads/ajax-mark-forum-as-read-click-double-forum-marker.358/

7. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

I believe @Stuart Wright might be having this developed for XenForo eventually (mark forums read from node icon). I think he's keen for his moderators to still have these actions available to help ease the transition from vBull.

I think it's fair to say, however, that XenForo won't ever implement actions such as that. I'm pretty sure I've seen @Mike mention a few times that actions similar to that are not easily discoverable (element of truth really - software should be mostly self explanatory and intuitive to use, whereas you'd need to be told explicitly that double clicking a forum icon would perform an action) so I think something like this will exist as an add-on but maybe never in the core.

In the mean time, this might be a good compromise:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/give-forum-node-icons-mark-forums-as-read-links.9763/

Doesn't utilise AJAX, but it does link to the mark forum read link just by clicking the icon.