XF 1.3 Major issue, white screen, forum gone?

Help!?

Not sure what the deal is, was working fine an hour ago, no error messages, nothing, just a white screen in my browser. My wordpress homepage is still working fine, no server issues that I can see...

sorry guys, you are speaking greek here, I am too new to all this to understand what vps, apc or php.ini is, but it does seem it was problem that originated somehow with changes at the server and has been resolved for now.

However...from my perspective, I need to sort out why this happened and make efforts to keep it from happening again. How does one learn about all this in an organized manner? Is there some reading you guys can steer me to that might help me get started?

Ideally I would like to read and learn enough at least to start that when one of you says it's an APC problem, then at least I have a reasonable idea what that means and can follow along.

Also, presumably shared hosting environments have some serious pitfalls, but I don't imagine moving my site to a dedicated host is going to necessarily be easy is it? I'd like to get this sorted so I don't have to worry about nightmare crashes for hours...

Anyways, thank you for your efforts to help yesterday, my apologies if my frustrations were starting to peak through the screen a little there. :oops:

APC is what is called an opcode cache. PHP is not compiled which results in performance overhead on every page load. APC removes that overhead by saving the "compiled" version of a PHP script rather than performing that task on each page load. The result is faster performance.

The nature of the error is that the APC cache is not healthy (e.g. out of space).

I've had this problem also, but it resolved itself when we cleared the site cache, but now one member cant seem to connect it's just a white screen for them.

I've had this problem also, but it resolved itself when we cleared the site cache, but now one member cant seem to connect it's just a white screen for them.

A blank page is often a suppressed error. Try adding this line to your library/config.php file to see if that reveals any specific error message on the blank page:

Code:
ini_set('display_errors', true);

Also check the log for related errors:

Admin CP -> Tools -> Server Error Log

A blank page is often a suppressed error. Try adding this line to your library/config.php file to see if that reveals any specific error message on the blank page:

Code:
ini_set('display_errors', true);

Also check the log for related errors:

Admin CP -> Tools -> Server Error Log
Nothing showed up on the first option, and what am I looking for in the server error log?

Top Bottom