1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 Major issue, white screen, forum gone?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Silverhair, Jul 22, 2014.

1. Silverhair

Silverhair Member

Help!?

Not sure what the deal is, was working fine an hour ago, no error messages, nothing, just a white screen in my browser. My wordpress homepage is still working fine, no server issues that I can see...

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

What is your site URL?

3. Silverhair

Silverhair Member

posted previously and removed

Last edited: Jul 22, 2014
  4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Check for a blank index file in the forum root directory.

5. Silverhair

Silverhair Member

might be a server issue? looking into it now, but on hold.
    :(

in the meantime, is there anyone that has had this happen before?

6. Silverhair

Silverhair Member

blank index file? ok, looking...

7. Silverhair

Silverhair Member

I looked at my index.php file, its not blank, some code there...sorry, not overly savvy with this stuff yet, but it doesn't look blank

8. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

No, he means look for an empty index.html/htm file there.
    Frequently an HTTP server is configured to serve the index.html/htm before index.php, so if there is a blank one there (empty of text) it will still try to serve it.

9. Silverhair

Silverhair Member

ok not a server issue that I can tell on this end...white screen of death.

Tracy, Brogan,

If I were to find a blank index.html file what would i do with it to fix this...? Still looking for that now...

10. Silverhair

Silverhair Member

i have accessed my error log here and found this repeatedly displayed over the last little while since the problem started...

[22-Jul-2014 00:39:41 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'ErrorException' with message 'include(): Unable to allocate memory for pool.' in /home/adamkurk/public_html/community/library/XenForo/Autoloader.php:119
    Stack trace:
    #0 /home/adamkurk/public_html/community/library/XenForo/Autoloader.php(119): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(2, 'include(): Unab...', '/home/adamkurk/...', 119, Array)
    #1 /home/adamkurk/public_html/community/library/XenForo/Autoloader.php(119): XenForo_Autoloader::autoload()
    #2 [internal function]: XenForo_Autoloader->autoload('XenForo_Error')
    #3 /home/adamkurk/public_html/community/library/XenForo/Application.php(363): spl_autoload_call('XenForo_Error')
    #4 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleException(Object(ErrorException))
    #5 {main}
    thrown in /home/adamkurk/public_html/community/library/XenForo/Autoloader.php on line 119

11. Silverhair

Silverhair Member

I did not make any changes of any kind to the site, so it is unclear to me why this is happening now.

12. Silverhair

Silverhair Member

guys, is there some quicker support option here? I'm really lost on this, and i don;t want to go start making changes to code when I didn't change anything to begin with...is this xenforo software set up to try to update itself, because i don't recall anything like that being set up.

Presumably there are some issues with the php code, but why suddenly now out of the blue...?

13. Silverhair

Silverhair Member

guys wtf, this makes no sense. I didn't touch anything, no upgrades, no changes nada. I was driving home from work when this happened.

I can't even access the admin panel, nothing...has someone hacked my site?

14. dawg

dawg Well-Known Member

This is more of a server issue, i would contact your host.

15. Silverhair

Silverhair Member

Strange it isn't a server issue with the homepage, as it is working fine from the same server, just the xenforo forum isn't working right? Kinda rules out server issue doesn't it?

Last edited: Jul 22, 2014
  16. Steve F

Steve F Well-Known Member

You should submit a ticket to your server host and see if they made any changes.

dawg likes this.
  17. Silverhair

Silverhair Member

I will do that, brilliant advice there guys thanks.

To xenforo support, guys if you look at that error log/code and see what the problem is or can shed some light on this I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Steve F likes this.
  18. dawg

dawg Well-Known Member

Good luck let us know, so we will know you are ok.

19. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

20. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

No, it doesn't. It could easily be a new upgrade to php version... a modified php.ini that has just been changed and a slew of other server related options.
    If this is a shared hosting environment, it's time to ask them what changes they have made to the server... if a VPS and managed, then the same thing.