• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Mailchimp Xenforo plugin

Andy.N

This plugin was originally developed for my site but we are making it FREE for all lovers of Mailchimp and Xenforo.
If you don't know what Mailchimp is, read on

We love the MailChimp guys. Their email management app makes our lives as website owners so much easier. We have used Mailchimp-Vbulletin plugin since 2010 and when we moved to Xenforo earlier this year, this plugin is something we needed to make the migration possible.

Plugin version: 0.9.1
Xenforo version: 1.1.0
MailChimp API version: 1.3

Features

• Offer new members a quick and easy way to signup for newsletter. Double opt-in is default.
  • Members can change their newsletter’s preferences within Xenforo’s account profile
  • Site admin can monitor their Mailchimp API log from within Xenforo
Planned features

• Customization of signup list. This will be available when Xenforo makes custom profile hooks available
  • Newsletter signup block on Xenforo sidebar
Installation:

• Upload contents of upload folder to forum root
  • Install addon_mailchimp.xml file from Xenforo’s Install New Add-on interface
  • Enter your Mailchimp API and select your list from Options->Mailchimp screen
Usage Notes

• If you enable API logging, the logs can be viewed under Tools->Mailchimp API Log
There will be minimal support. We will update the plugin when bugs are found and new features are implemented. I will try our best to answer question on our site or via this thread.

Options- MailChimp - Admin CP - Quantnet - Community for Quants.webpNewsletter Preferences - Quantnet - Community for Quants.webpSign Up - Quantnet - Community for Quants.webpMailChimp API Logs - Admin CP - Quantnet - Community for Quants 2.webpMailChimp API Logs - Admin CP - Quantnet - Community for Quants 1.webpMailChimp API Logs - Admin CP - Quantnet - Community for Quants.webpTools - Admin CP - Quantnet - Community for Quants.webp

Attachments

Nice work Andy.

I've just been pleasantly surprised to see that MailChimp is free for up to 2,000 subscribers so I'll have a look at this.

I've been using a WorPress plugin (Analytics360°) which uses the mailchimp API and pulls Google analytics info from a selected account :)

This is a pleasant suprise indeed. I was looking for a newsletter solution there weren't much until now. A good opportunity to inform users who choose to get site news without being constantly bugged by forum admins. Thanks Andy will give this a try :)

Works well but you have to first create a list mailchimp.com once logged into the account.

Installed.

Salud2

thanks Brogan, but I think I won't need this for now, because Xenforo already have a feature to send email to all users.

I have a problem when I want to uninstall this addon..
Fatal error: Call to a member function query() on a non-object in /home/unkn0wn/public_html/library/MailChimp/Installer.php on line 31

Any ideas how to fix it?

Fixed.. I edit Installer.php and add // in front of line 31 and execute the query on phpmyadmin manually..

Not exactly related to the addon, but Andy, how easy is it to make presentable newsletters? This would be kinda nice to use to share music news and site updates for my forum/station, but I haven't used MailChimp before.

Not exactly related to the addon, but Andy, how easy is it to make presentable newsletters? This would be kinda nice to use to share music news and site updates for my forum/station, but I haven't used MailChimp before.
Mailchimp has dozens of free templates to use. They have a nice way of pulling images/css/color from your live site that you can import into a new template when you create one.

The level of customization is unlimited. Take a look at their website for some idea. You certainly can't go wrong with giving them a try.

Mailchimp has dozens of free templates to use. They have a nice way of pulling images/css/color from your live site that you can import into a new template when you create one.

The level of customization is unlimited. Take a look at their website for some idea. You certainly can't go wrong with giving them a try.
Neat! Think I'll sign up and play around with it. :D

Top Bottom