• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Mailchimp Xenforo plugin

So I updated this plugin for one of my sites to include a right rail block. Want me to send over my updates so they can be merged into the main package?

You've peaked my curiosity. What's a right rail block?

One sec, going to be putting it on one of my live sites right now.

*EDIT*

If you check my Bolt Talk website, you will see the right rail block to join my mailing list.

I attached the entire MailChimp directory to this post. Below are the additional things that I created:

Code Event Listener:
Listen to Event: template_hook
Execute Callback: Mailchimp_Listener::templateHook
Callback Execution Order: 10
Add-on: MailChimp

Route Prefix:
Route Prefix: mailing-list
Route Type: Public
Route Class: MailChimp_Route
Use class to build link: Only when data is provided (not sure about this one)

Template Created:
Name: mailchimp_sidebar_callout
Template Code:
Code:
<form action="mailing-list/join" method="post" class="AutoValidator">
<input type="hidden" name="_xfToken" value="{$visitor.csrf_token_page}" />
<div class="section userList">
    <div class="secondaryContent">
        <h3>Join Our Mailing List</h3>
        Stay in touch with our {$xenOptions.boardTitle} by joining our Mailing List! It is 100% FREE and you can unsubscribe at any time.<br />

<div align="center" style="margin-top: 5px;">
        <input type="text" class="textCtrl" name="email" id="email" value="" /><br />
        <input type="submit" class="button primary" value="Subscribe NOW!" />
        </div>
        <div align="center"><small>*We will not sell your email! 100% SPAM Free!</small></div>
    </div>
</div>
</form>

Code to Display Callout Form:
<xen:hook name="mailchimp_sidebar_callout" />

I could of added it to an existing hook, but that isn't really where I wanted it to be placed. Also, I didn't really put anything into phrases. This can be part of the base package update to put things into phrases.

And just in case you need this, I give you complete permission to use/modify/distribute any/all changes I made. (not sure if that is need but what the hell :))

Attachments

Thanks for the add on Andy, everything went well with the install, but, it doesn't seem to have added "Newsletter signup form is automatically added to the forum registration page"

Any idea what may have caused this? I have 'Edit Templates Automatically' ticked, but, I am running a custom theme ~ does this just add it to the default XF theme do you know?

Thanks in advance for any help,
Greg

Thanks for the quick response Andy, are there any instructions around for adding it to custom themes?

well setting up an account and installing the addon was pretty easy and straight forward but once i hit my user preferences to sign up for the newsletter, i ll get the following error message:

Server Error

fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: unable to connect to us2.api.mailchimp.com:80 (Connection timed out)
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in MailChimp/MCAPI/MCAPI.class.php at line 2425
  2. MCAPI->callServer() in MailChimp/MCAPI/MCAPI.class.php at line 1577
  3. MCAPI->listSubscribe() in MailChimp/Model/API.php at line 31
  4. MailChimp_Model_API->__call()
  5. MailChimp_Model_API->listSubscribe() in MailChimp/Extend/DataWriter/User.php at line 82
  6. MailChimp_Extend_DataWriter_User->_postSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1295
  7. XenForo_DataWriter->save() in MailChimp/Extend/ControllerPublic/Account.php at line 32
  8. MailChimp_Extend_ControllerPublic_Account->actionNewsletterSave() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  9. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  10. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /kunden/2X2X38_X3X0X/wildstar/index.php at line 13

I tried to access the mailchimp settings in the acp to see if i might have screwed up the api key or something but the setting page itself will not load. had to disable the newsletter for the time being until i can find a fix. anybody got an idea?

Did you modify the MailChimp Options in the Admin panel to select a valid MailChimp List?

You can find your API in the Account Options in the MailChimp admin.

You will need to add the API in the XenForo Admin, hit save, then select the appropriate list and hit save again. (all in the XenForo admin)

well setting up an account and installing the addon was pretty easy and straight forward but once i hit my user preferences to sign up for the newsletter, i ll get the following error message:

Server Error

fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: unable to connect to us2.api.mailchimp.com:80 (Connection timed out)

I tried to access the mailchimp settings in the acp to see if i might have screwed up the api key or something but the setting page itself will not load. had to disable the newsletter for the time being until i can find a fix. anybody got an idea?

Your server can't connect to MailChimp's server. You should try again now to see if this still happen?

The download doesn't seem to be available any more. Does anyone have a backup of the zip file?
Oops. I changed the CDN and forgot about this.
Should be fixed now.

In any case, you may want to hold out for the next version that fixes many problems and have new features.

Oops. I changed the CDN and forgot about this.
Should be fixed now.

In any case, you may want to hold out for the next version that fixes many problems and have new features.
Thanks for the super fast reply Andy. Yeah I'll hold out if there are some bugs in this version.

:)

Thanks for the super fast reply Andy. Yeah I'll hold out if there are some bugs in this version.

:)
The uninstall routine is known to be buggy. We didn't have custom profile field when it was created so it's a pretty raw addon so we can continue to subscribe people to our newsletter when we migrated to XF.

ok. I'm looking for an opt in solution for mailchimp but I don't want to piss members off either. Looking forward to seeing the finished article.

Is there a way to grab all users who have signed up for admin emails to import into our Mailchimp list?
I've added the plugin so I should be good from now on, but I'd like to import the 400 or so users who have agreed to admin emails already to the list.
This is on an xenforo forum

Thanks
-Brandon

I attached the entire MailChimp directory to this post. Below are the additional things that I created:

Code Event Listener:
Listen to Event: template_hook
Execute Callback: Mailchimp_Listener::templateHook
Callback Execution Order: 10

Route Prefix:
Route Prefix: mailing-list
Route Type: Public
Route Class: MailChimp_Route
Use class to build link: Only when data is provided (not sure about this one)

Template Created:
Name: mailchimp_sidebar_callout
Template Code:
Code:
<form action="mailing-list/join" method="post" class="AutoValidator">
<input type="hidden" name="_xfToken" value="{$visitor.csrf_token_page}" />
<div class="section userList">
    <div class="secondaryContent">
        <h3>Join Our Mailing List</h3>
        Stay in touch with our {$xenOptions.boardTitle} by joining our Mailing List! It is 100% FREE and you can unsubscribe at any time.<br />

<div align="center" style="margin-top: 5px;">
        <input type="text" class="textCtrl" name="email" id="email" value="" /><br />
        <input type="submit" class="button primary" value="Subscribe NOW!" />
        </div>
        <div align="center"><small>*We will not sell your email! 100% SPAM Free!</small></div>
    </div>
</div>
</form>

Code to Display Callout Form:
<xen:hook name="mailchimp_sidebar_callout" />

I could of added it to an existing hook, but that isn't really where I wanted it to be placed. Also, I didn't really put anything into phrases. This can be part of the base package update to put things into phrases.

And just in case you need this, I give you complete permission to use/modify/distribute any/all changes I made. (not sure if that is need but what the hell :))

Can you explain a little more how to add this, I like the signup box you have but I'm not sure what I need to do with this mailchimp zip?

Thank you very much! :)

Top Bottom