Looking for a host that allows unlimited domains

I don't see their server specs anywhere. Can it run Xenforo?

Also might I add... I'm looking for something cheap and not a VPS or a Dedicated server. I want something managed and geared towards application hosting like www.Medialayer.com is. Media Layer has been by far the best webhost I have ever been with. Everything about them is superior except I'm looking to have more then 6 domains hosted and I don't want to have to upgrade to there $40 package to be able to host 8 domains.

What kind of load do you expect on each domain?

I'm looking for a host that will run Xenforo. I expect little load at first on each domain.

The one I mentioned above runs XenForo with no problems & is multimedia capable...

A reseller account will be your best option as you can control the domain allowence yourself & for £5.99 its worth a try out at least...

Regards..

I don't see their server specs anywhere. Can it run Xenforo?

Also might I add... I'm looking for something cheap and not a VPS or a Dedicated server. I want something managed and geared towards application hosting like www.Medialayer.com is. Media Layer has been by far the best webhost I have ever been with. Everything about them is superior except I'm looking to have more then 6 domains hosted and I don't want to have to upgrade to there $40 package to be able to host 8 domains.

You can get some details from http://www.thiswebhost.com/hosting-features.html - however if you want full specs, then I expect you'd have to pop them a quick message. They respond pretty quickly, even on Twitter. And yes, I have XenForo running without any problems on a couple of hosting accounts with them.

www.fatcow.com running both my websites on it, unlimited everything.
If your forums get busy most likely you will be looking for a new host.
Hosts that oversell can't sustain busy sites. Just my opinion.
It's easy to say unlimited when sites aren't sucking much bandwidth or resources.

To others. Why wouldn't a host be able to support XF if it met the minimum requirements?

You can get some details from http://www.thiswebhost.com/hosting-features.html - however if you want full specs, then I expect you'd have to pop them a quick message. They respond pretty quickly, even on Twitter. And yes, I have XenForo running without any problems on a couple of hosting accounts with them.
Can I see these xenforo sites you host on them? just to see how quick they run... I'm looking to have my sites run speedy. The price just seems too good to be true.

Thanks. Your site runs quite fast. Oh and what plan are you on? I'm not sure if they offer dedicated servers... P.s. If I do go with them I'll make sure to go through your affiliate link ;)

That particular account is on a large package. Again - you can contact them about dedicated hosting :)

I believe thiswebhost.com is on litespeed. I'm currently on litespeed with Medialayer.com. Runs very fast!

Litespeed indeed!

Might want to ask yourself how important tech support is, and what types of communication channels they support before committing to a host. Personally I like phone support in addition to ticket support. Also many hosting providers are resellers of other hosting providers... and need to call the server hotel/noc if something goes terribly wrong like a hardware failure.

That particular account is on a large package. Again - you can contact them about dedicated hosting :)

Litespeed indeed!

I signed up with them. I am having a hard time adding a second domain... They are quite slow with ticket responses.

I signed up with them. I am having a hard time adding a second domain... They are quite slow with ticket responses.

Presuming you went for a package above the Starter/Blog package (that doesn't allow any additional domains), it's just a matter of going to "Addon Domains" in cPanel.

Presuming you went for a package above the Starter/Blog package (that doesn't allow any additional domains), it's just a matter of going to "Addon Domains" in cPanel.
I went for the standard package. So I went the route of "Addon Domains" in cPanel... but in the FTP I saw that this would put the domains under mysite.com/my2ndsite.com. So I went into WebHost Manager and 1. Added a Package 2. Created a New account (and linked the package to this new account). So now I can go through FTP with each individual domain because I have a difference username / pass for each domain to connect to FTP. I have no idea what I'm doing, but it looks like that worked LOL.

I just want to verify with them that what I did was correct. I uploaded and installed xenforo on one domain I added to them and I must say that it runs super fast. I'm quite pleased with that aspect.

I think thiswebhost.com is from the UK because I paid the invoice in pounds :p

Top Bottom