1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for a host

Discussion in 'Server Configuration and Hosting' started by kuyenmotdivad, Jan 12, 2012.

1. kuyenmotdivad

kuyenmotdivad Active Member

Sorry if its in the wrong section.

Would anyone recommend a new host for a new website starting out (must be able to run XenForo), would prefer a VPS (managed) with DirectAdmin?
  2. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

3. melbo

melbo Well-Known Member

I've been with www.realwebhost.net for 7 years now.
    Their 24/7 response to problems is amazing. Problems that I create mostly...
  4. PeterT

PeterT Active Member

I can recommend radonsystems.net I use their VPS and are very knowledgeable rewarding Xenforo
  5. kuyenmotdivad

I use to use them, yes there good - I'm beginning to wonder why I quit now as I have had a lot of bad hosts.
  6. Stevebullman

Stevebullman Active Member

I use vps.net

I've been with them about 2 years now. I was always reasonably happy with them, but the last time my site was hacked i upgraded to managed hosting and its a whole other level of support they offer, very happy with them on the whole.
  7. PeterT

PeterT Active Member

Go back to RadonSystems, you know they offer the best bang for a buck out there (y)
  8. kuyenmotdivad

Thanks for the replies guys.

Looks interesting, how much does a VPS managed package cost with vps.net?
  9. kuyenmotdivad

Don't think they would want me back as I was the question king when I was there for 10month - I asked a question within a question :)

I'd be happy to go back if they have an offer? :)
  10. ChemicalKicks

ChemicalKicks Well-Known Member

11. Stevebullman

Stevebullman Active Member

Have to check but im pretty sure its £69 a month on top of what i pay for nodes