Reliable Managed VPS Provider Suggestions

Car_Freak

Hello,

I’m looking for a reliable Managed VPS to host our website which is a combination of WordPress and XenForo.

Indian locations are preferred since that’s where our traffic comes from. However, US location will be fine as well.

Our existing server configuration is as follows:

CentOS-6 [64-Bit], 2-Core CPU with CloudLinux & cPanel. Disk Space: 295 GB. Bandwidth: 15 TB.

I’m unable to find any known managed webhosting providers in India.

I’m also looking forward to some honest feedback from existing KnownHost Managed VPS users.

Thank you

I’m also looking forward to some honest feedback from existing KnownHost Managed VPS users.
I've had my current KnownHost server for 10+ years and have nothing but good things to say. I can count on one hand the number of times it's been offline during that 10 years and most of those were expected (meaning they sent out an email letting me know it was going to happen).

I've utilized their support many times and, in my opinion, it's second to none. I always get a reply within minutes, not hours.

I used 3-4 different companies within a few year span before I came across KnownHost, and I've never thought about switching since. I've had multiple servers/services that they offer and have never had a problem with any of them.

I've had my current KnownHost server for 10+ years and have nothing but good things to say. I can count on one hand the number of times it's been offline during that 10 years and most of those were expected (meaning they sent out an email letting me know it was going to happen).
Hi. I’ve a couple of questions about KnownHost but their chat support was offline. Meanwhile their e-mail response comes, I’d like to ask you:

What is “Pro-Active Monitoring” on the Managed VPS checkout screen? Is it really needed?

Are daily server backups included free of cost? What is the backup type and retention period of the same?

Thanks

What is “Pro-Active Monitoring” on the Managed VPS checkout screen? Is it really needed?
This basically means they'll monitor you server's system processes and, if something goes wrong, they'll try to get it fixed for you, without you having to open a ticket to ask them to. If that's something that costs extra, personally, I wouldn't pay for it. But, I'm on my site a LOT throughout the day so if something was going on I'd probably notice it pretty quickly, open a ticket, and they'd still get it fixed right away. If I weren't as active on my site it might be worth considering.

Are daily server backups included free of cost? What is the backup type and retention period of the same?

KnownHost does backups every other day and, according to them, are generally kept for at least 7-14 days. They back up the entire VPS, so they can restore the entire server. Alternatively, they can do partial restorations, if needed, of specific folders/databases/etc.

That said, I recommend always having your own backup process as well. It can never hurt to have multiple backups on your data.

Top Bottom