XF 2.2 Need help transferring database and files to new host

Zephyr

I've been trying to migrate my forum from Xenforo cloud to a shared host that uses cPanel. So far I've been able to install the Xenforo software but I can't figure out how to import the old database and files properly. What I've done so far:

- Uploaded the contents of the "upload" folder contained within the Xenforo zip to the public_html directory on the new host.

- Created a new database with MySQL

- Installed Xenforo on the new host.

- Tried importing the old database from my forum into the new one.

Doing the last step makes the site enter a "index of" page. Please keep in mind I am not technically literate whatsoever and looking for similar threads leaves me with more questions than answers. If anyone could help me with this I would greatly appreciate it.

Full instructions for moving from Cloud to self hosted are in the README file included in the backup download.

You need to follow those as it is not a standard restore.

Full instructions for moving from Cloud to self hosted are in the README file included in the backup download.

You need to follow those as it is not a standard restore.
I made it to Step 4: "Update src/config.php to point to your imported database" but now the site is just a white screen.

Here's everything I've done to this point:
  1. Imported the sql.gz file under the db_backup directory into an empty MySQL database
  2. Uploaded the contents of the upload directory to my site's public_html directory
  3. Edited src/config.php and added the following line: $config['enableListeners'] = false;
  4. Updated src/config.php to point to my MySQL database.

Top Bottom