XF 2.2 Move forum to new host

knobby

Hi folks,

Is there a guide somewhere for moving Xenforo to a new host/server? I moved the database & files but get an error which says "An unexpected database error occurred. Please try again later."

Thanks

Oh well... no it hasn't!
I've had to move to yet another host and although I've updated the database and username in the config.php file I still get the "unexpected error" message.
Any other ideas please?

This is the actual reason:
Code:
<!-- MySQL statement prepare error [1146]: Table 'pcsuk_xf2forum.xf_data_registry' doesn't exist -->

The dump or restore has resulted in corrupt or missing data.

When you have root access you could use the mysqlcheck command, however that will not fix lost tables.

If you still have sql backups, they can be editted with like best Notepad++ or Editpad Lite for example.
You can search if the pcsuk_xf2forum.xf_data_registry table is present, if not... try another (maybe earlier) backup.

Well I'm getting a little closer.
The database has now been imported and I can get to the homepage of my forum, but that's all. If I try to log in I get an "Oops... something went wrong" message. If I try other options such as "register" or "search" I get a page not found error. I copied all the files from the forum directory to the new host - what else have I cocked up??? :(

Is there a way to re-install the xenforo files without trashing my forum? It doesn't seem to be running quite as well as before, and can appear to be very slow at times when posting, activating users, etc.

Uploading new files won't make any difference.

Any slowness is likely to be server related.
Disabling all add-ons will help to show whether third party code is involved.

Top Bottom