Graphic Logo (exploring options)

Adam Howard

So we're been using a different variation of Anonymous's logo for over 2 years now. And we're thinking it maybe time for change, but do not know of anything else that fits our achieved goal.

We needed something in which represented the very meaning of not accepting censorship.

Something in which stands above and beyond the status quo ....ie.... Something that says we're not going to be accepting the average standard of what has become normal, but yet seeking to improve and better us all.

We need a logo in which was in defiance (against) the ideas or acceptance of censorship, oppression, and restriction.

A logo in which can be universally recognized and could represent anyone and everyone, no matter what country they are from, what language they speak, what faith of religion they believe in or lack of, no matter what political ideas they have, no matter the gender, sexual orientation, income, race, or color of skin.

But yet a logo to which encouraged freedom of expression, thoughts, ideas, and information. Something imaginative and thought-provoking, but not exclusive.

And in keeping with the spirit of sharing information, thoughts, opinions, and ideals, and yet representing everyone and anyone, while inviting everyone at the same time... It has to be faceless too.

^ That covers the expression or vibe we're seeking.

Now for the technical aspect.

Universal ... ie... looks good no matter the skin design or background
Small - Either standard banner size or smaller

Hmmm - so is this thread a request for ideas OR a request to hire a graphic designer?
Anyway - Here's my effort

di-1XKO.gif

LOL

Hmmm - so is this thread a request for ideas OR a request to hire a graphic designer?
Anyway - Here's my effort

di-1XKO.gif

LOL

I'd assume this is a request.

At OP - Might want to include the dimensions you want the logo to be so the designer taking on this request gets a head start.

I'd assume this is a request.

At OP - Might want to include the dimensions you want the logo to be so the designer taking on this request gets a head start.
I thought I had given dimensions (size)

Either standard banner size or smaller

The web common standard banner size is 486 x 60. I assumed most developers knew this.

Of course I would need a bmp, svg, and font file along with it.

The web common standard banner size is 486 x 60. I assumed most developers knew this.

You know what they say about assumptions.

Also, some site's go against the grain, and have their own ideas. With you not clarifying, no one knows for sure, they can only assume any image will work.

Just some good advice. Giving any designer all information to get started is always good practice, it boths benefit you (the requester) getting that design done quickly, to your exact specifications. And it greatly benefits the designer who can get stuck into it and get everything you requested designed quickly and something you wanted and are happy with.

I've had people request designs and haven't detailed what they require yet they expect me to know what they want designed which I won't, never will entertain or accommodate.

Just to note, standard banners come in many standardized sizes 125px x 125px, 486 x 60 and many other standard sizes. I'd suggest you be exact but it's your thread I'm just suggesting here so you don't have threads like this that is discussing what you want without ever actually getting something designed I've seen it many times.

I guess my only requirements are
  • Universal ... ie... looks good no matter the skin design or background
  • standard banner size is 486 x 60
And the desired effect of the logo would be in the 1st post.

Looks good no matter what the skin design/background is? lol. That might be a bit hard, considering if someone designed a black background banner, and the skin color is medium green and just doesn't look good with the overall color scheme... So basically a transparent background banner, with font /logo to fit to a "design"?

I've recently worked and tinkered around for Borbole's the other day for his forum logo...(note I haven't done nothing in years lmao)
http://www.spencerpassmore.com/index.php?dir=Client/Borbole/
some examples there I was doing, he was pleased with: http://www.spencerpassmore.com/Client/Borbole/forum-services-eu8.gif

Nothing complex or whatever lol

Looks good no matter what the skin design/background is? lol. That might be a bit hard, considering if someone designed a black background banner, and the skin color is medium green and just doesn't look good with the overall color scheme... So basically a transparent background banner, with font /logo to fit to a "design"?

I've recently worked and tinkered around for Borbole's the other day for his forum logo...
some examples there I was doing, he was pleased with: http://www.spencerpassmore.com/Client/Borbole/forum-services-eu8.gif

Yes, transparent would be key I guess. We use backgrounds that very from white, black, blue, green, and even purple.

But that is also another reason why I would want a bmp and svg file. So I could change the coloring and maybe size myself, should we end up doing something design wise which would conflict with the logo.

Reactions: vVv
Yes, transparent would be key I guess. We use backgrounds that very from white, black, blue, green, and even purple.

But that is also another reason why I would want a bmp and svg file. So I could change the coloring and maybe size myself, should we end up doing something design wise which would conflict with the logo.

Yeah.. See, like Shelley said above there though, it's best practice to be "specific" in first initial request though, because designers aren't "mind readers" haha. Like, sometimes I had gotten quick brief details, but really don't KNOW what's expected at all, because I'm NOT in the client's mind at all. So like after 10 to 20 different design ideas / briefings, it's still a "no go", because the client isn't happy... All because client wasn't precise or close / specific with details. >_<.

Some charge by the hour, no matter what. So if I spent 7 hours with 20 different design ideas, that's 7 hours worth of work that needs paid for, even if it's not what the client wanted from get go, and 20 designs wasted. I guess that's main reason why I didn't take on many clients before, because you can't be a mind reader, and usually you can never really please anyone lol. Hence why years ago, I usually just designed whatever I wanted to design, and sell it as PSD/design only haha.

Yeah.. See, like Shelley said above there though, it's best practice to be "specific" in first initial request though, because designers aren't "mind readers" haha. Like, sometimes I had gotten quick brief details, but really don't KNOW what's expected at all, because I'm NOT in the client's mind at all. So like after 10 to 20 different design ideas / briefings, it's still a "no go", because the client isn't happy... All because client was precise or close / specific with details. >_<. Some charge by the hour, no matter what. So if I spent 7 hours with 20 different design ideas, that's 7 hours worth of work that needs paid for, even if it's not what the client wanted from get go, and 20 designs wasted. I guess that's main reason why I didn't take on many clients before, because you can't be a mind reader, and usually you can never really please anyone lol. Hence why years ago, I usually just designed whatever I wanted to design, and sell it as PSD/design only haha.
If I knew exactly what I wanted... I'd make the logo myself.

I'm basically trying to find an alternative to our current "anonymous" logo, but still fits this overall vibe
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/logo-exploring-options.41194/

The actually physical and technical aspect was

But beyond that.... I want creativity. I don't want to restrict anyone. I want a fresh new idea other than my own, because I don't know what alternative would give off that vibe.​

Correction on the size if I may please.
468x60 is standard banner size - not 486x60 ;)

J.
You are correct.... Small typing error. :oops:

Kind of common for me actually.... I'll switch numbers and letters around all the time. For example, 21 becomes 12 :p

Thanks for correcting my typing. :coffee:

I've recently worked and tinkered around for Borbole's the other day for his forum logo...(note I haven't done nothing in years lmao)

Between all those examples I think I liked this one

forumservices.eu.jpg

Of course he picked the one which worked best for him.

Reactions: vVv
Between all those examples I think I liked this one

forumservices.eu.jpg

Of course he picked the one which worked best for him.

Thanks :) And yeah, some of those didn't look great with the white/light backgrounds, of course I was doing them on a darker background first haha. But I did like that font though, and thought it would work nice for his forum. Same font I used in that Dark Blue Bliss - reborn PSD I put into resource manager. :)

Thanks :) And yeah, some of those didn't look great with the white/light backgrounds, of course I was doing them on a darker background first haha. But I did like that font though, and thought it would work nice for his forum. Same font I used in that Dark Blue Bliss - reborn PSD I put into resource manager. :)
If you do not mind me inquiring, what was the font you used?

That was kind of what stood out for me.

Top Bottom