Lack of interest More versatile notice position criteria - not necessarily mutually exclusive options

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Mr Lucky

It seems that in order for a notice to show, all criteria must be met.

For example I want anotice to show in specific forums as well as New posts. So I choose those forums from the dropdown. But as I also want it to be shown on the New posts template I add whats_new_posts to the content template field

In this case the notice doesn't show. I am presuming (I may be wrong) the only way to achieve something like this is to create a duplicate notice and choose criteria for each. This is a very clunky workaround to solve the problem.

There does seem to be an inconsistent within the software in that in other cases of criteria being chosen, you have x or y as criteria as opposed to x and y. For example search users has this by default:

Screenshot 2023-03-09 at 10.25.28.webp

They cannot be both!

So maybe there is a wider context to this suggestion that the system should make it very clear which kind of logic is involved in the selection of criteria.

https://xenforo.com/community/threa...e-multiple-user-criteria-are-selected.166864/

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Top Bottom