Fixed Login Sliding window Trigger bug When using Chrome

vij

Affected version
1.5.13, 1.5.14, 1.5.15
I never noticed this as I always used Firefox - but it appears, 'using Chrome' - the login sliding window doesn't appear unless you scroll up to it.

Scenario
You go to a forum with at least few topics (or) to a thread that is at least a few posts long...As you scroll down and click the link "(You must log in or sign up to reply here.)" - you will notice that the sliding login window doesn't show and you will have to scroll up to see it.
Happens only in Chrome.

Any idea?

Last edited:
I can't reproduce this on the stock style. I could reproduce this on a couple of your sites, so it may well be style related. Please check with the default style and all add-ons disabled.

I can't reproduce this on the stock style. I could reproduce this on a couple of your sites, so it may well be style related. Please check with the default style and all add-ons disabled.
Did you test using Chrome?
I could reproduce this on default installation and all installations where the login trigger is that sliding one.
Will send you a private message.

Yes, tested on Chrome. Worth noting that there was one site of yours (though I'd have to check which again) where the issue didn't happen.

Somewhat ironically, I think this has already been fixed, just a few days before this bug was posted, in the XF 1.5.16 release.

I discovered this as I had an older XF 1.5.15 installation which I hadn't updated yet, and I could reproduce the issue there, yet I couldn't reproduce it locally. When I went through the code, I noticed that there had been a somewhat recent change relating to our detection of the appropriate scroll target, and that change was included in XF 1.5.16. Updating to XF 1.5.17 on my site solved the problem for me, and any other site where I can reproduce this is running an older version.

So, nothing left to do here. We'd recommend upgrading to XF 1.5.16 or above to solve the issue.

Top Bottom