local web server on mac

Robust

Coming from a Windows background and not using a Mac much I dunno how to host a web server for XenForo development. How do you do it (assuming you're like me and use a local development server). Preferably not paid.

Mac has Apache built in; then you just need to install MySQL and PHP.

To make it a bit easier, MAMP is what I used originally. Now I know more about Macs I installed nginx and MariaDB manually.

I am a system administrator, I can use nginx and stuff if it's basically the same procedure as I do on Debian or my other distros. No experience with Macs though. If it's completely different, MAMP any good? Basically like WAMP? @Chris D

Basically like WAMP yeah. Installs it all for you and provides an interface to manage it all.

I am a system administrator, I can use nginx and stuff if it's basically the same procedure as I do on Debian or my other distros. No experience with Macs though. If it's completely different, MAMP any good? Basically like WAMP? @Chris D

Couldn't you install a Linux partition? I did this on my windiws box, specifically for using it as a local server.

I've tried AMPPS, but still I use MAMP due to a better interface. But lately I have been encountering issues with MAMP too like random hosts file rewrite and problems with closing on shutdown. So I think I'll be using Vagrant too for XF development soon enough.

Even with a terrible interface, AMPPS is an amazing tool for this. MAMP was blazing fast but I had too many issues, for one config.php wouldn't update

Top Bottom