• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[LN] Blog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok i have a question.

Can the url be changed? /blogs bit?
I would love to use this as something other than i blog :)

Ok i have a question.

Can the url be changed? /blogs bit?
I would love to use this as something other than i blog :)
Eh... yes, but not simply. You'd have to the change the prefix handlers in XenForo, change the code, and then change all the links in the templates to reflect the new link.

Eh... yes, but not simply. You'd have to the change the prefix handlers in XenForo, change the code, and then change all the links in the templates to reflect the new link.
So a .htaccess rewrite would be easyer than :D
Thank's

Curious though: What are you planning to use it as?
Well my site is anime/cosplay so i was of to use it as a tutorial section (had a few people asking for it. including the misses lol)

so
/blog to /tutorials
/entries to /tutorial
Change all the phase's and the job is done :D

Onimua, great work! This will be great to use in the future on some of my vB projects (as soon as we can get a couple of additional add-ons created that are must-haves for my sites) :D

Integrating it with the profile pages as well as getting the alerts/recent activity integration done are needs and I'm keeping an eye out for those as well. Thanks for sharing your work!

Well my site is anime/cosplay so i was of to use it as a tutorial section (had a few people asking for it. including the misses lol)

so
/blog to /tutorials
/entries to /tutorial
Change all the phase's and the job is done :D
Ah, interesting usage. I didn't think someone would find a new use for it that fast.
eek.png

Ah, interesting usage. I didn't think someone would find a new use for it that fast. :eek:
lol sorry :) We had blog's back on Vb and no one used them and soon as I changed the phase's and url's over boom! they was getting used. It's a good thing right? :D

Onimua, if there was a way to rename the "/blogs" portion of the URL structure easily or do some sort of .htaccess suggestion, this can be turned into many other things.

For my Disney-related sites I would use it as a "Live Reporter" setup where people visiting the Disney parks around the world can update their "Live Reports" via their own 'blog' that they create. So, there are definite other uses :)

Would be good to add to the original post some suggested .htaccess changes in order to allow folks to 'customize' it. :D

looks great, David, glad to see this! Installed without a hitch on my development site.

One bug which struck me straight away was this:
oniblog.webp
I am running an 800px wide style though, so it could be that which breaks that?

Suggestion is to add a profile tab, and also, integrate with search. For instance I click "Find Mikey's recent content" it only shows the threads I've made, it'd be great if that had a blog list too..

Oni, you should also set up error handling so when someone visits /entries they don't get this error:

oniblog-entries.webp

Or is this some bug..?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom