XF 2.1 vBulletin Blog to XenForo import - how should it look?

Pseudonym

I just completed the migration of my site from vBulletin 4 to XenForo. Everything seems to have gone great, except, I'm not quite sure about the Blogs. I have an individual thread for each blog thread, in a main forum. Is this how it should look? Or should I have individual forums named after the users with all of their blog threads within?

Thanks for your input!

To clarify, we think the manual is wrong in this case. It was originally our intention to have a node per author, but this would likely have resulted in many thousands of additional nodes being created in some cases.

It is our expectation that there would be a single node that contains all of the blogs as threads which seems to have been what it was imported as in your case, which is correct.

So we're updating the manual to reflect that.

Thank you for the clarification. I came to the same conclusion myself - that how it ended up was probably favourable to having 500 extra forum nodes. Since I also decided to just archive the threads and am not allowing new blog threads it didn't really inconvenience me greatly. I was more interested to figure out what had gone wrong so that I could move on with the rest of migration. In this case the import worked fantastically although I did need to edit the file manually to account for another bug.

Top Bottom