Live Update

Live Update 4.0.1

No permission to download
As @Xon notes above, there is a new XF2 add-on which provides the same functionality

From what I can tell, Xon's addon doesn't provide all of the same functionality. The thing my members miss about your addon is that the alerts update and the little red indicator pops up without a page refresh. In his support thread, @Xon said to me:

With this add-on, alert totals will update but there isn't any alert notification pop-up in XF2.

So if I understand that correctly, members won't get the functionality your addon provided in XF1 with his addon in XF2. Due to some limitation of XF2?

XF2 doesn’t have a pop up (in the bottom left) because we have a sticky header which is nearly always visible which means you can always see the counts.

Either way, that was XF1 functionality and nothing to do with this add-on.

XF2 doesn’t have a pop up (in the bottom left) because we have a sticky header which is nearly always visible which means you can always see the counts.

Either way, that was XF1 functionality and nothing to do with this add-on.
I see. I thought he meant that the red badge near the alert bell wouldn't pop up in his addon without a refresh. Time for me to buy a copy of Xon's addon and see exactly how it works...

I see. I thought he meant that the red badge near the alert bell wouldn't pop up in his addon without a refresh. Time for me to buy a copy of Xon's addon and see exactly how it works...

This is the same functionality I'm looking to get back. Please let me know what you find!

Does this addon leave behind orphaned data after upgrading to XF 2.1 and making it legacy?

Better to uninstall it before upgrading but if you need to cleanly uninstall it after upgrading to XF 2.x then you'd just need to execute this query:

SQL:
ALTER TABLE xf_user_option DROP COLUMN liveupdate_display_option

Top Bottom