Live Update

Live Update 4.0.1

No permission to download
I got a following bug report:

"very tiny thing that I noticed but the number alerts on the favicon look weird (at least on Chrome). You might already be aware of it but I just wanted to let you know. Don't hate me for it!
nailbiting.png
"​

The unread alert count on Chrome seems to be placed on the left side, outside of the red square.

@Chris D I'm sure that didn't happen before so maybe a Chrome update has broken that, any fix you know of?

It works fine for me on Firefox.

(PS. We're using Live Update 4.0.1. Maybe should try updating to 4.1 RC5... just noticed that)

Last edited:
Would love to see this updated for XF2, our visitors miss it.

I'm wanting to upgrade one of my sites to XF2 and seeing as we'll lose OneSignal desktop alerts we could really do with a truly live alert tab.

Any chance this might get an update soon or that this might end up being an option in the core?

Well its been five months since we last heard from the maintainer. Everyone is busy it seems. @Xon any chance this is coming upon your plate?

I'm not sure when or if I'll have the time to continue with this.

As @Xon notes above, there is a new XF2 add-on which provides the same functionality, much improved too (because I never got around to implementing cross tab optimisations in the XF1 version - then again, I did know generic support for that was coming in XF2 ;)) and many more features besides:

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/live-content.6381/

Of course the source code for Live Update is open source with a very unrestrictive license so if anyone wanted to carry on development of this and the other features in Xon's add-on are more than you need, then you are more than free to do so.

Top Bottom