Live Update

Live Update 4.0.1

No permission to download
How do you know you're using RC5? I have not updated the version ID for a while, and that version ID wouldn't indicate RC5 anyway.

Besides that, when you installed the updates did you uninstall and reinstall as directed in the posts that announced those updates? Either way, that'll be a good start.

I opened the XML file and looked at the first few lines. Also I am a total pacrat so I keep all older versions etc. The last time I downloaded RC5 was 2/17/16, that's the version that is installed

......but I think I didn't completely uninstall RC3 :sick:

No big deal. Give it a try and let me know if it doesn't solve the issue. It hasn't been reported by anyone else so it would be a surprise for it to have gone on this long unnoticed.

Would you recommend using this add-on in general?
I personally think that it does a pretty good job. I use a modified version of Defer JS to move all SCRIPT tags before </body> tag and I combined it with PageSpeed which would remove whitespaces, HTML comments, etc. (as you could see in the screenshot I posted earlier).

Installed 4.1 RC5 today. Getting Server Error when trying to save the preferences (any of them). Deactivated the add-on, no Errors.

Looks similar to @Floyd R Turbo's Error...

Code:
Server Error Log
Error Info
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli statement execute error : Data truncated for column 'liveupdate_display_option' at row 1 - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:214
Generated By: XXXXXXX, 1 minute ago
Stack Trace
#0 /var/www/clients/client180/web812/web/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(297): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute(Array)
#1 /var/www/clients/client180/web812/web/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(479): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array)
#2 /var/www/clients/client180/web812/web/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(632): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('UPDATE `xf_user...', Array)
#3 /var/www/clients/client180/web812/web/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1654): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->update('xf_user_option', Array, 'user_id = 1')
#4 /var/www/clients/client180/web812/web/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1623): XenForo_DataWriter->_update()
#5 /var/www/clients/client180/web812/web/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1419): XenForo_DataWriter->_save()
#6 /var/www/clients/client180/web812/web/library/LiveUpdate/ControllerPublic/Account.php(33): XenForo_DataWriter->save()
#7 /var/www/clients/client180/web812/web/library/NFLJ/AMS/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Account.php(38): LiveUpdate_ControllerPublic_Account->actionPreferencesSave()
#8 /var/www/clients/client180/web812/web/library/XenGallery/ControllerPublic/Account.php(74): NFLJ_AMS_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Account->actionPreferencesSave()
#9 /var/www/clients/client180/web812/web/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): XenGallery_ControllerPublic_Account->actionPreferencesSave()
#10 /var/www/clients/client180/web812/web/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#11 /var/www/clients/client180/web812/web/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#12 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(56) "https://www.xxxxxxxxxxxx.com/account/preferences-save"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(26) {
    ["style_id"] => string(1) "4"
    ["language_id"] => string(1) "3"
    ["timezone"] => string(16) "Europe/Amsterdam"
    ["default_watch_state"] => string(1) "1"
    ["xengallery_default_media_watch_state"] => string(1) "1"
    ["xengallery_default_album_watch_state"] => string(1) "1"
    ["xengallery_default_category_watch_state"] => string(1) "1"
    ["xengallery_preferences_form"] => string(1) "1"
    ["ams_unread_articles_count"] => string(1) "1"
    ["nflj_ams_preferences_form"] => string(1) "1"
    ["showcase_unviewed_items_count"] => string(1) "1"
    ["nflj_showcase_preferences_form"] => string(1) "1"
    ["enable_rte"] => string(1) "1"
    ["enable_flash_uploader"] => string(1) "1"
    ["content_show_signature"] => string(1) "1"
    ["uix_sticky_navigation"] => string(1) "1"
    ["uix_sticky_userbar"] => string(1) "1"
    ["uix_sticky_sidebar"] => string(1) "1"
    ["uix_collapse_user_info"] => string(1) "1"
    ["uix_collapse_signature"] => string(1) "1"
    ["liveupdate_display_option"] => array(3) {
      [0] => string(8) "tab_icon"
      [1] => string(17) "notifications_api"
      [2] => string(9) "tab_title"
    }
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["save"] => string(12) "Save Changes"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(1) "/"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

Okay, did uninstall the add-on, removed both folders from the server and then uploaded it again, run the install script and BINGO... it works... thanks for pointing to it @Chris D

Suggestion: Since "Notifications API" will not be comprehensible at all – for the average user – I would recommend to rename the phrase to "System Notification" or "Browser Notification", if that's what is meant.

I wonder what of the three things actually work with Safari? I guess only the Notifications API?

First I had to modify the template mod so it does not use the apple touch icon but the favicon, then I had to install Defer JS so it works properly, then I recognized that it prevents opening modal overlays in other add-ons ("Tags" in Link Directory for example). So, I had to decide if the benefit out balances the trouble.

• The default for newly registering users will always just be the 'tab_icon' method unless you change it in the options to something else.
Chris, where is this option? :O I can't find it anywhere to change the default for new registration, I don't remember changing it but I want it to be tab_icon so just want to double check.

Chris, where is this option? :O I can't find it anywhere to change the default for new registration, I don't remember changing it but I want it to be tab_icon so just want to double check.
You have to change a number in the mod file from 0 to whatever you want to be default

For existing members you have to run mysql query to change it

Top Bottom