Live Update

Live Update 4.0.1

No permission to download
Love this addon and so does my members. Hoping that we will see more of this functions in Xenforo core as it's the way to go.

One thing I would like to see is the possibility as an admin to set the default Live Update Display Options. I know you can change it via an SQL query for existing users but having an option would be great to set the standard for the forum.

One thing I would like to see is the possibility as an admin to set the default Live Update Display Options. I know you can change it via an SQL query for existing users but having an option would be great to set the standard for the forum.
(y)

Try and clear your browser cache first. And double check for outdated templates.

I've done this. I'm using a pretty stock installation (click the poetrycircle link below), too, so I'm not sure what the issue could be.

But I don't see what this plugin is supposed to do because I can't tell whether anything different is happening. I was hoping to get a notification in the browser's tab when the site is not the active tab, but I don't.

That is what it does:

upload_2014-10-12_17-2-4.webp

Notice the (1) in the tab. Because I just signed up and have some sort of welcome message.

The number should be the sum total of the number of unread messages in your inbox and new alerts.

Do you disable JavaScript in your browser? Or have anything that might block JavaScript?

Is it possible to change the option to tab title for all current users and set it as default for new ones?

I've used the SQL query to change every current user to use tab_title, but then I created a new test user and by default it was set to tab_icon.

I like this addon but it has cause a bunch of trouble betwixt us and our host, putting us over our resources limit. However, I still want to use the notification numbers to show up on our tabs. Is there a standalone for this? Otherwise, what can I set the caching at to make it the same speed as the Xenforo default?

Seems unlikely this would massively effect processor time unless you're close to your limit already.

Anyway. It is what it is. There's nothing that can be done currently. There's no "standalone" and I don't know what you mean by caching and XenForo default.

You can set how often it updates, I wanted to set it to match what Xenforo does on it's so its not constantly asking the server for updates. Anyway, I just found an addon called tab alerts that adds just the number to the title, so I'm happy.

I installed this week 38, as can be seen:

upload_2014-10-26_19-24-35.webp

However, it made marginal difference to usage and resources.

Tab Alerts actually polls the server the same as this add on.

XenForo will only actually check for new alerts while you're viewing the page. Only certain actions trigger XF to update the alert count, all of which require you to be actually viewing the page so at that point there's no point in having the add on at all.

Can this be enabled by usergroup. It would make a nice subscriber perk. Also is it possible to change how often it polls the server? What is the default? I have about 80 members online with a activity timeout of 15min. I hope it doesn't kill the server.

Top Bottom