Live Content

Live Content [Paid] 1.2.3

No permission to buy ($25.00)
The 'live thread timer' allows a thread to be switched to a 'live' state based on a simple calendar clock. It sounds like you just want the old behaviour of every thread in a forum being 'live'

LogicException: Attempted to set 'alerts_unread' while a save was pending without forceSet src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php:575
Generated by: User Mar 3, 2020 at 1:24 PM
Stack trace
#0 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(548): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->set()
#1 src/XF/Repository/UserAlert.php(319): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->__set()
#2 src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php(455): XF\Repository\UserAlert->XF\Repository\{closure}()
#3 src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php(464): XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->executeTransaction()
#4 src/XF/Repository/UserAlert.php(321): XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->executeTransaction()
#5 src/XF/Pub/Controller/Thread.php(57): XF\Repository\UserAlert->markUserAlertsReadForContent()
#6 src/addons/LiamW/MentionMiniAvatar/XF/Pub/Controller/Thread.php(14): XF\Pub\Controller\Thread->actionIndex()
#7 src/addons/XFMG/XF/Pub/Controller/Thread.php(11): LiamW\MentionMiniAvatar\XF\Pub\Controller\Thread->actionIndex()
#8 src/addons/XenConcept/HideBBCode/XF/Pub/Controller/Thread.php(21): XFMG\XF\Pub\Controller\Thread->actionIndex()
#9 src/addons/SV/LiveContent/XF/Pub/Controller/Thread.php(37): XenConcept\HideBBCode\XF\Pub\Controller\Thread->actionIndex()
#10 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(350): SV\LiveContent\XF\Pub\Controller\Thread->actionIndex()
#11 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(257): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass()
#12 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(113): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch()
#13 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(55): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop()
#14 src/XF/App.php(2184): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#15 src/XF.php(391): XF\App->run()
#16 index.php(20): XF::runApp()
#17 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
["url"] => string(16) "/threads/834327/"
["referrer"] => string(21) "https://dom.com/"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["/threads/834327/"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

Is it possible to keep the viewport from scrolling at all when a live update comes in? The "scroll down" behavior makes it a bit too easy to lose track of which posts were just added.

Reactions: rdn
Temporary hacky workaround for anyone else who doesn't like that scrolling when an update comes in and is willing to "void their warranty", so to speak - an edit to js/sv/livecontent/discussion.min.js will remove it. In version 1.1, this is what needs to be removed:
JavaScript:
b=c[0].getBoundingClientRect().top;f>=b&&(b=c.outerHeight(),f&&b&&a(e).scrollTop(f+
b));
Yes, the newline in the above code snippet is deliberate; that's how it appears in the file. Be very very careful and make a backup of the file first, 'cause mistakes will break your add-on. And it should go without saying that seeking official support from @Xon after attempting this edit would be in extraordinarily poor taste. ;) If you have any doubts at all, I strongly recommend leaving it be. (I just happen to do some minor Javascript development on the side, so I felt up to it.)

In the meantime, I'm hoping Xon will soon have the opportunity to make turning that off an officially supported option. (And while I'm here - thanks a ton for providing this add-on in the first place!)

Ugh, the view port should only scroll if the inserted post is "above" the current viewport and pushing content down. What browser are you using and I'll double check things.

Ugh, the view port should only scroll if the inserted post is "above" the current viewport and pushing content down. What browser are you using and I'll double check things.
Vivaldi 2.11, which is Chromium-based.

I love this add-on.

The number one complaint my users have is that when a live update post appears in a thread and they read it, it does not get marked as read by XenForo, and then the thread appears to have a new message when viewing the “What’s New” or “New Posts” lists, so users click back into threads only to find content they’ve already read.

Any thoughts on how to fix that?

This seems like a nice add-on @Xon

I have a doubt before probably buying it. Does this addon has a feature/place where you can see all the posts (from all topics) that are created on the forum? Something like a live feed of the entire forum? If not available would it be a possibility in the future?

Thanks!

I will buy this addon if it has Profile Posts auto update added!

Currently, when i post on someone's profile, i have to manually refresh the page. I need it to be like Facebook where it adds the comment to the most recent posts

Sorry if I ask again about this future, but can you please add option to each user profile for any user can change option of live update by itself. If they not want to this future, they can disable it in options..?

Top Bottom