Live Content

Live Content [Paid] 1.2.3

No permission to buy ($25.00)
I don't know if this is relevant to this addon or the alert improvement addon, but I have confirmed that if your browser has a thread loaded and a new reply is posted, you don't get an alert marker. If you click the alert drop down you see the alert, but it is already marked as "Read". This causes a ton of my members to not realize there was a new reply. For members on slow 3G, they tell me they see the alert maker for a second and then it vanishes.

This add-on is amazing. I love everything made by @Xon
But I too have users telling me this is going on.

I think this is a side-affect of the mark-as-viewed feature that is XF native, I'm not really sure what should be happening. With Alert Improvements it'll at least get a 'recently viewed' star on it.

Is it possible to keep the viewport from scrolling at all when a live update comes in? The "scroll down" behavior makes it a bit too easy to lose track of which posts were just added.
This is also happening to some of my users as well. They are using Chrome.

It doesn't happen to me personally.

Also I had one minor question, @Xon, would it be possible to disable the plug-in if you're on an old page of the thread? Multiple users have reported to me that it is confusing when they are browsing the older pages on a thread, and someone posts a new post which appears at the bottom of the old page.

Could we have it so that the new content is automatically loaded only if you're on the last page of the thread?

Last edited:
not sure this is working for me anymore. I seem to have to refresh to get new alerts. I haven't made any changes for a long time, no errors, maybe after a XF update?

Does this still work/is it compatible with the latest version?

And just to clarify - it allows the option of single threads to be live rather than all?

Does this still work/is it compatible with the latest version?

And just to clarify - it allows the option of single threads to be live rather than all?

Yes it does work and yes it does
If I remember right there is an SQL run you have to do to activate the single live thread feature but yes that is the option

Hello,

I have installed this on a customer's site and it does not seem to work.

The number of conversations didn't get updated until he refreshed the browser page.

Clément

Is this with XF2.1/XF2.0 or XF2.2?

There is a known compatibility issue with XF2.2 that I haven't had time to release a fix for

Ensure the permissions "Enable Live Updates for Thread" and "Live alert/conversation counter updates" have been granted
I did set the permissions and it apparently still doesn't work.
He logged-in as another user account and the alert count didn't update in the browser tab.

Top Bottom