[DCom] Live Content

[DCom] Live Content [Paid] 2.7.12

No permission to buy ($30.00)
Can't seem to make this addon work with Swoole. Details below.

(XF Options) Control Socket: The socket server is not running.

Click Enable button returns an error...
Status: 500 Internal Server Error Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8 An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later.

Clicking the Enable button also generates server error...

Code:
Server error log
Error: Class "Swoole\Constant" not found src/addons/DCom/LiveContent/SocketServer/SwooleServer/SwooleServer.php:56
Generated by: Unknown account Mar 14, 2024 at 1:04 PM

---------------------------------------------------------

Stack trace

#0 src/addons/DCom/LiveContent/SocketServer/SwooleServer/SwooleServer.php(32): DCom\LiveContent\SocketServer\SwooleServer\SwooleServer->start()
#1 src/addons/DCom/LiveContent/ServerIO.php(21): DCom\LiveContent\SocketServer\SwooleServer\SwooleServer->run()
#2 socket_server.php(16): DCom\LiveContent\ServerIO::start()
#3 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(0) ""
  ["referrer"] => bool(false)
  ["_GET"] => array(2) {
    ["/homedir/public_html/socket_server_php"] => string(0) ""
    ["start"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Run php socket_server.php status...
------------------- SWOOLE SERVER IS RUNNING --------------------
Swoole version:5.1.1 PHP version:8.2.16

Run php socket_server.php restart...
server stop for pid 374159 at 2024-03-14 05:01:59

Error: Class "Swoole\Constant" not found
Swoole extension is not installed in PHP under which the forum is running.
Run php socket_server.php status...
------------------- SWOOLE SERVER IS RUNNING --------------------
Swoole version:5.1.1 PHP version:8.2.16

Run php socket_server.php restart...
server stop for pid 374159 at 2024-03-14 05:01:59
This indicates that Swoole is installed in the native version of PHP.
You can run the socket server through the console, that will work too.

Make sure that here admin.php?options/groups/debug/ socket server is disabled and execute php socket_server.php start in the console

I had trouble with Typing Block not showing up then I realized we're using different port for ServerIO server. It's all good now. Thanks.

If I may give a suggestion though for future release, and I'm not sure if this has been suggested already, but it would be great to include new conversation message received and alerts as well. Having those in real time would be fantastic.

If I may give a suggestion though for future release, and I'm not sure if this has been suggested already, but it would be great to include new conversation message received and alerts as well. Having those in real time would be fantastic.
This has already been added. Allow "Real-time communication throughout the board" in group permissions

That's great! But it doesn't seem to be working properly. Nothing happens if you're currently on a page, you need to leave by selecting another web browser tab or window first before you could receive the notification. Is that by design?

The Members Online block/widget real-time update doesn't appear to be working as well. Could anyone verify this on their end?

That's great! But it doesn't seem to be working properly. Nothing happens if you're currently on a page, you need to leave by selecting another web browser tab or window first before you could receive the notification. Is that by design?
Yes indeed, I was changing the logic in the plugin's operation a bit and missed that point. I will fix it in the next version.
The Members Online widget real-time update doesn't appear to be working as well. Could anyone verify this on their end?
Currently it works if the user logs in/log out on the forum. Also in the next version I will expand this functionality.

Currently it works if the user logs in/log out on the forum. Also in the next version I will expand this functionality.
Hmmm, that's weird, I've been monitoring the Members Online widget and there's no changes at all but at the same time the other widgets like Forum Statistics and Latest Posts/Threads are updating in real time.

Hmmm, that's weird, I've been monitoring the Members Online widget and there's no changes
Now the event is triggered after the user logs in to the forum. Not just open the forum where he is already logged in, but enter his nickname and password and go through the login process.

Top Bottom