Live Content

Live Content [Paid] 1.2.3

No permission to buy ($25.00)
@Xon I am have one Feature improvement request. Please add this functionality.

Option: Enable Information Bar (Tells users how often the thread refreshes ... etc) and Ability for users to manually refresh threads if Automatic Updates are disabled.

Example:

ajaxt_infobar_vb4.webp

Where do you think it should be added? It may need to be a floating thing at the top of the page or such to be useful.

@Xon I am still can find out that how to working this add-on? I have set all permissions but still are not updated via AJAX without reloading the page.

Enabled permissions Live alert/conversation counter updates, View live threads and View live conversations but still are not working any place.

See here: https://giant.gfycat.com/IllegalExhaustedAtlanticridleyturtle.webm
Check your javascript error console. The default polling is also every 30 seconds which you might need to adjust.

The last line "Live Content - connecting" indicates it has started to poll. Can you check on the network tab that you are seeing a ping /live every so often?

It should have a response like:
JSON:
{"status":"empty","visitor":{"conversations_unread":"11","alerts_unread":"0","total_unread":"11"}}

Can you check the template modifications for this add-on? Might be a themeing issue.

@Xon This error after clicking the "Live Content - stopping" main.min.js link.

Code:
function(){console.log("Live Content - connecting")});a.on("disconnect",function(a){console.log("Live Content - stopping")});a.on("error",function(c,d){304===c?console.log("Live Content - stopping"):console.log("Live Content - stopping, http error:",c,d);a.running&&a.stop()});var l="keepAlive"+XF.stringHashCode(XF.config.url.keepAlive);XF.CrossTab.on(l,function(c){c.csrf&&(a.transport.opt.headers._xfToken=c.csrf)});a.start()})}(jQuery,window,document);

In network tab.

ScreenShot00062.webp

Live thread update are not working and console showing "Live Content - stopping"

View attachment 175761
@Xon This error after clicking the "Live Content - stopping" main.min.js link.

Code:
function(){console.log("Live Content - connecting")});a.on("disconnect",function(a){console.log("Live Content - stopping")});a.on("error",function(c,d){304===c?console.log("Live Content - stopping"):console.log("Live Content - stopping, http error:",c,d);a.running&&a.stop()});var l="keepAlive"+XF.stringHashCode(XF.config.url.keepAlive);XF.CrossTab.on(l,function(c){c.csrf&&(a.transport.opt.headers._xfToken=c.csrf)});a.start()})}(jQuery,window,document);

In network tab.

View attachment 175762
By design, if a 304 is returned it stops polling. This happens when you don't have permission or when viewing a thread the user can't reply to with the "Liven non-replyable content" disabled (which it is by default).

Please run an analyse permission check and verify the user can reply, and the "View live threads" permission is permitted for a given forum

By design, if a 304 is returned it stops polling. This happens when you don't have permission or when viewing a thread the user can't reply to with the "Liven non-replyable content" disabled (which it is by default).

But I have already enabled option "Liven non-replyable content", Also i have permission to reply to this thread as i am super admin. So why not updated thread?

ScreenShot00064.webp

Xon...

We used to have "Live Topic" installed on our old vBulletin which worked great and we kept it for years, but was a resource hog and as our site grew it began requiring too much server resources, so we dumped it.

I saw your version here, and since I know that you are a good coder and we have more powerful servers now I thought I would give it a shot.

I installed it and tried it out on the "staff" usergroup. Worked great but there was one common complaint... Whenever one of us would post within the thread the others were abruptly taken to the new post. Whether we/they were reading another post in the thread or trying to write a post it would happen. We found it rather annoying to be interrupted in that manner.

I suspected that it might have something to do with the "Jump to new thread" feature in XF2 that we have checked by default. Or is that the way it is written?

Last edited:
I installed it and tried it out on the "staff" usergroup. Worked great but there was one common complaint... Whenever one of us would post within the thread the others were abruptly taken to the new post. Whether we/they were reading another post in the thread or trying to write a post it would happen. We found it rather annoying to be interrupted in that manner.
It shouldn't be doing this, I haven't had reports of this from other users.

I suspected that it might have something to do with the "Jump to new thread" feature in XF2 that we have checked by default. Or is that the way it is written?
"Jump to new thread " sounds like an add-on feature, as I don't believe that is a stock feature.

Top Bottom