LiteSpeed question

BlackJacket

Actually it is a question about the performance of my VPS. A little disclaimer before we get started, I am not an expert (I'm barely a novice) when it comes to VPS (and dedicated).

When I log into my WHM it takes a really long time to load. Clicking links (like List Accounts, etc...) also takes a while for the page to load. I asked my webhost and they recommended LiteSpeed.

I currently host about 15 websites. Out of which 3 get any kind of noticeable traffic. (2 WordPress, 1 Xenforo).

What I can I do to speed it up? I noticed when going to my WordPress websites they take a bit longer to load, is this due to my server?

I use WiredTree.

It's really hard to tell without seeing some hard stats about the server. I would like to look at things like MySQL configuration, CPU load, memory usage, and disk I/O levels before beginning to make any suggestions.
WiredTree is generally a good host, but I don't know that I would necessarily trust them to tune the server in the best way possible.

Actually it is a question about the performance of my VPS. A little disclaimer before we get started, I am not an expert (I'm barely a novice) when it comes to VPS (and dedicated).

When I log into my WHM it takes a really long time to load. Clicking links (like List Accounts, etc...) also takes a while for the page to load. I asked my webhost and they recommended LiteSpeed.

I currently host about 15 websites. Out of which 3 get any kind of noticeable traffic. (2 WordPress, 1 Xenforo).

What I can I do to speed it up? I noticed when going to my WordPress websites they take a bit longer to load, is this due to my server?

I use WiredTree.

LOL @ WiredTree support, suggesting Litespeed, another marketing scheme...

It sounds like a DNS lookup delay, I had a similar issue but we figured things out and made the adjustment and it took care of things.
This is caused by rDNS lookups. Open a ticket at WiredTree and tell them it's because of the rDNS lookup and they should be able to make the adjustment and that should take care of things for you.

Consider doing a few tweaks, probably configurations that could help moderate your CPU and RAM usage. I don't think it has anything to do with LiteSpeed considering you said cPanel/WHM was slow as well. I've worked with servers before and the problem that comes to mind is CPU/RAM, or perhaps they've overloaded the node you're on (I don't really consider this since it IS WiredTree, but who knows?).

Don't take the LiteSpeed route unless you really need to. Apache would work fine with a couple of tweaks.

Top Bottom