LiteSpeed: ProcessGroup mode, Daemon mode, or Detached Mode?

Cyberclaw

I'm new to the world of LiteSpeed, and can use configuration advice.

This wiki article describes the different PHP process modes, and it lists three: 1) ProcessGroup mode 2) Daemon mode and 3) Worker mode.

A fourth mode was recently added with LSWS 5.3, called Detached mode, which is described here.

I initially experimented with Worker mode, and the performance was disappointing. Therefore, I switched to Daemon mode and noticed a dramatic speed increase. I haven't tried ProcessGroup mode, and I can't find anything explaining the performance benefits of Detached mode over the other modes.

Honestly, I'm pretty impressed with the performance in Daemon mode. However, I also heard that either ProcessGroup mode or Detached mode are recommended over Daemon mode, but I can't find an explanation as to why.

What mode are you using?

Also, if it makes any difference, I am the only user on my server.

If you're not doing things like adding domains a lot, or arbitrarily restarting LS a lot it's not going to help you performance-wise.

All it does is make restarts for Litespeed easier by not impacting PHP processes.

If you're not doing things like adding domains a lot, or arbitrarily restarting LS a lot it's not going to help you performance-wise.

All it does is make restarts for Litespeed easier by not impacting PHP processes.

Thank you for responding, @JonathanW. So, in your estimation, am I fine sticking with Daemon mode, as it seems to be working well?

BTW, my server is with KnownHost. You guys are the best. :)

Thank you for responding, @JonathanW. So, in your estimation, am I fine sticking with Daemon mode, as it seems to be working well?

BTW, my server is with KnownHost. You guys are the best. :)

That's what I'd recommend.

Aha, glad to hear that! I had no idea, just trying to help as a big supporter of LS because generally they rock :)

Top Bottom