LiteSpeed Cache for XF2 - Community

LiteSpeed Cache for XF2 - Community 2.3.0

No permission to download
I have a question about this add-on. I was able to get it working properly, but I was using Memcached before. Should I go ahead and disable Memcached with this addon? Does it work along side of it, or is there not point in running it with this add-on installed? Thanks!

I have a question about this add-on. I was able to get it working properly, but I was using Memcached before. Should I go ahead and disable Memcached with this addon? Does it work along side of it, or is there not point in running it with this add-on installed? Thanks!

Memcached is pointless if litespeed works. Perhaps you want memcached for logged in users but for guests when litespeed hits, memcached doesn't even come into play and is irrelevant.

Thanks for your feedback @est3ban129.

Can you tell-me if you need to change anything to work with cloudflare?
I see this manual for install addon xenforo.

But there is a manual to install LiteSpeed?

Litespeed is a webserver like apache, nginx. If you've cpanel, i think it's available and can be a drop-in replacement.

If you mean this addon then just install it from xf, put those rules in htaccess and that's it.

Thanks, i will wait with confirmation that works with cloudflare.

In your opinion LiteSpeed Enterprise is best?
Do have any support installation fee, if yes its by the hour, where i can fuind prices?
LiteSpeed Enterprise would usually be considered the better choice feature-wise.
While most times you can install LiteSpeed Enterprise as a drop-in replacement for Apache without much issue we do offer a one time installation service as well as hourly support. You can find out more about that here.

Feature request, please.
Good catch, users can be tricky 😅. Will look into this more later, added to todo.

Memcached is completely separate from and can still be used alongside this plugin to improve performance for logged-in users.

Regards,
-Michael

Hello,

LSent with LScache addon outgoing traffic increased huge. pls check (both servers (nginx and LS) at different but the same VPSs by DigitalOcean 2vpu+2ram). tested the same domain with copy of DB and files (just from different droplets)

test by loader.io: 1 to 250 online users per 1 minute.

1. nginx - normal traffic usage

nfinx.webp

2. LiteSpeed without LScache addon: increased traffic usage in 5 time

LS.webp

and extra heavy!!!! 3: LS with activated LScache addon - traffic was increased in 62 times!!! WTH? this is normal?!
Also i don't believe in 200ms responses...

LSwithaddon.webp

Hey, made the same test but with this config:

LS without LScache addon + Guestpage cache by Redis via Xon redis addon.

still traffic increased but in 20times now. and response time now looks more real.
Seems like with any type of caching we have 20-50times increased outgoing traffic? or this is some error with server on my side?

redis.png

Last edited by a moderator:
and one more test

nginx + redis cache for Guestpage via Xon reddis addon

slightly increased outgoing traffic vs non cache on nginx.
nginx+redis.png

ok. waht we have?

test type: A constant client count will be maintained throughout the test duration. (0-250 in one minute)
droplet: Digital ocean 2cpu 2ram

1. nginx without caching: traffic: 80mb, response time: 7000ms
2 nginx with guestpage reddis caching via Xon redis addon: traffic 240mb, respose time: 3700ms
3. LS without caching: traffic 360mb, respose time: 2500ms (seems the to best result in overall)
4 LS + own guestpage cache addon: traffic 5136mb, respose time: 200ms (something wrong here...)
4 LS + redis guestpage cache via Xon redis addon: traffic 1700mb, respose time: 570ms (still very increased traffic)

my question is: where is my error with LS server setup (most settings is default) or this huge traffic with any type caching for LS is normal?

and one more test

nginx + redis cache for Guestpage via Xon reddis addon

slightly increased outgoing traffic vs non cache on nginx.
View attachment 239078

ok. waht we have?

test type: A constant client count will be maintained throughout the test duration. (0-250 in one minute)
droplet: Digital ocean 2cpu 2ram

1. nginx without caching: traffic: 80mb, response time: 7000ms
2 nginx with guestpage reddis caching via Xon redis addon: traffic 240mb, respose time: 3700ms
3. LS without caching: traffic 360mb, respose time: 2500ms (seems the to best result in overall)
4 LS + own guestpage cache addon: traffic 5136mb, respose time: 200ms (something wrong here...)
4 LS + redis guestpage cache via Xon redis addon: traffic 1700mb, respose time: 570ms (still very increased traffic)
What software are you doing these tests with?

I also have the VPS of digitalocean 2vpu and 2ram
maybe I did a bad test, can you tell me what configuration you are placing?

Captura de pantalla 2020-11-05 a las 13.07.13.webp

Top Bottom