1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

List of depreciated add-ons by 1.2?

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by DarkGizmo, Jul 31, 2013.

1. DarkGizmo

DarkGizmo Active Member

I know it's somewhere, just can't find it, can someone send me the list of add-ons that are depreciated by features in 1.2? and those who haven't been updated for 1.2 yet?

2. Matthew Hawley

Matthew Hawley Well-Known Member

3. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

I'd expect from some people's listings there are still add-ons being used and not made redundant. And for the other list you can find that here though same rule applies, from some people's list quite a few of the add-ons have been updated that were listed as not updated. http://xenforo.com/community/threads/xf-1-2-add-on-compatibility.52931/

Best bet would be to check in the add-on release thread if your querying about a specific add-on.

4. FredC

FredC Well-Known Member

Or do what i did and light em all up and watch the error reports roll in and shut them down accordingly then update one at a time, then delete anything left.. (or leave them disabled) and wait for updates.

5. Deepmartini

Deepmartini Well-Known Member

What happens if an addon totally gives errors and leaves a blank white screen (like some wordpress plugins do when they error). Would this ever happen in Xenforo? Does anyone have any error screen they care to post so we know what to look out for and expect? With all the addons now, there are bound to be some borked ones with the 1.2 update.

6. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Always test upgrades first, but you should be able to hide errors by disabling add-ons.

7. James

James Well-Known Member

If they screw up and you can't get into the admin CP to disable, you can disable code event listeners. Stick this in your library/config.php.

It's always good to have in there commented out anyway - just in case.

PHP:
    $config['enableListeners'] = false;

8. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Well-Known Member

Here's my list:
    • More Options to Limit Signatures for new Members
    • Route Changer
    • Template Modification System
    • TinyMCE Fix
    • [bd] Tag Me
    • Xen Utilities
    • [bd] Watch Forum

9. James

James Well-Known Member

I'd argue that the Template Modification System is a maybe. The built-in version is mainly for add-on developers to modify every style, whereas I believe TMS allows style-specific modifications.

Both can still be used interchangeably and may be required in certain circumstances.