Link Checker by AddonsLab

Link Checker by AddonsLab [Paid] 1.17.0

No permission to buy ($54.99)

AddonsLab

AddonsLab submitted a new resource:

Link Checker by AddonsLab - The definitive solution you need to monitor and fix broken links throughout the forums

Add-On Information

The add-on gives full control over the links we have in all your posts, allowing you to search for them quickly, check their status, modify them one by one or at once. Even though there are similar add-ons already developed, we tried to make a definitive solution which has power options for advanced users, like regular expression support, but the same time is straightforward to use and fully functional out of the box.

View attachment 155706...

Read more about this resource...

From reading the add-ons details, I cannot determine if;
  • There's a complete automation process, requiring no interaction, to scan all links across all posts and action those meeting set criteria, eg. all 404's replaced with a message
  • It has a cron to continually check posts within xx age (eg. last 12 months) and either automatically action (as per above) or add to queue for manual inspection if found needing inspection but not a candidate for automatic action.

I am using now Dead Link Management 2.0, I like to use this add-on but we need confirm about some Features information, Also are you give support for xF 2?

Have Features and Image Example:

1. Lists all the links in the forum by its status etc. on.

tVVbQuqcTYKXgarZvv5H7w.png

2. Per Options you can check internal links
3. Each status can be checked manually again
4. Explanation of each status
5. Per CronJob all links continuously get checked again
6. New links in a post be immediately detected and added to the list and checked by CronJob or manually
7. Temporary On request Hide links with selected state
8. Whitelist URL
9. Frontend for Mod/Admin And User own link with user groups permissions

Can use Mod-Tools and Can use User Tools

OlhGRRJ7SbGS50cKijO1yA.png

Admin CP Statistics:

XXXVGUoSQWiegw5FoLp6rg.png

Last edited:
From reading the add-ons details, I cannot determine if;
  • There's a complete automation process, requiring no interaction, to scan all links across all posts and action those meeting set criteria, eg. all 404's replaced with a message

Yes, the scan is fully automated and covers all existing links and posts, with any new/edited posts being added to the index immediately.

There is no automated action, that applies to all links as soon as they are found. Batch Update page is what admins should use to decide which action to apply to the links found as this way admins can see what is exactly going to happen and be sure they don't break anything.

It has a cron to continually check posts within xx age (eg. last 12 months) and either automatically action (as per above) or add to queue for manual inspection if found needing inspection but not a candidate for automatic action.

There is a rebuild page to index all your current URLs. There is no cron job re-checking the links, but all edited/new posts are monitored for changes and checked immediately/via a deferred task. The links in the database are always in sync with post content, so no periodical re-check is required.

Any particular link that you see in Admin Panel (using Batch Update tool or Manage Link page) can be rechecked using a button available in that pages. Any separate post can be rechecked with all links inside using the link under post text.

We don't have a tool to batch re-check link matching some particular criteria, but this is something we will implement. Batch Update page allows advanced filtering of links and their modification, it will also give an option to recheck all found links.

I am using now Dead Link Management 2.0, I like to use this add-on but we need confirm about some Features information, Also are you give support for xF 2?

Have Features and Image Example:

1. Lists all the links in the forum by its status etc. on.

tVVbQuqcTYKXgarZvv5H7w.png

2. Per Options you can check internal links
3. Each status can be checked manually again
4. Explanation of each status
5. Per CronJob all links continuously get checked again
6. New links in a post be immediately detected and added to the list and checked by CronJob or manually
8. Whitelist URL
9. Frontend for Mod/Admin And User own link with user groups permissions

Can use Mod-Tools and Can use User Tools

OlhGRRJ7SbGS50cKijO1yA.png

Admin CP Statistics:

XXXVGUoSQWiegw5FoLp6rg.png

We consider this as an admin tool and don't see any reason to implement all front-end parts you have mentioned, like a page for users to see dead links they have posted etc. We may consider them when there are no higher priority enhancements suggested by our customers, that make the product more usable for admins. Most of other features you have mentioned are available in the product, but of course, they may use a different interface. Feel free to check the screenshots in details and I am sure you will notice the appropriate parts. See my text above for some points you have mentioned. Internal links are checked just as other links, in the list you can choose to see external links only if you are not interested in internal links. A short status explanation is available as well. For now we don't see the use case of whitelisting a URL, as admin has full control to decide what do and which URLs to change, and there is no automated action that would make "whitelisting" an important feature.

This is something we would like to implement. Please clarify, if you want all links with some status to be hidden, or you want to set this on per link basis? If you have hidden 404 not found URLs, for example, should any newly found URL with that status automatically be hidden as well?

We are developing XenForo 2.x version and will provide free upgrade to XF2 version to existing customers. We will add this to Resource description now.

Thank you!

if you want all links with some status to be hidden, or you want to set this on per link basis?

What functions you are like for this feature? Also does have functionality can delete thread/post from dead link 404?

Also does this add-on happening high server load and memory usage?

Last edited:
What functions you are like for this feature? Also does have functionality can delete thread/post from dead link 404?

Also does this add-on happening high server load and memory usage?

I am not sure what you mean. We can implement hiding of links based on status, but we need your suggestion on how exactly you like this to be implemented.

Yes, you can delete any link from admin panel.

We have created the add-on with performance in mind, and tested on a live board with around 60 000 links (around 5000 unique links) and fixed all issues we have reproduced. Any issues regarding performance will be reviewed and handled appropriately.

Thank you!

I want to set this on per link basis.

But I am asked can delete the dead link post/thread?

Thank you for the suggestion. We will consider this.

Do you mean if a post has a dead link inside, you want to delete the link and delete the post itself at once? If so, this is not available and I don't think this is something we will implement. There is no one-to-one relationship between a post and a link in it, in general, so I am sure most of users would not need to delete the entire post because there is a dead link inside. In our product, you have a link to the post, so you can just follow the link and delete/moderate the post if you want.

Thank you!

if a post has a dead link inside, you want to delete the link and delete the post itself at once

Yes, I like have additional option for this and What I am using now. Only deleting link are not meaning thread/post are now alive, Still post are dead in the stage.

Yes, I like have additional option for this and What I am using now. Only deleting link are not meaning thread/post are now alive, Still post are dead in the stage.

I will try to review the add-on you are using to understand what you mean exactly.

Thank you!

I have been using Dead Links manager and we have 15k dead links.
There needs to be a way for the community to fix this. Not only because it saves the admin work, but also because it allows members to fix broken posts. Many posts only contain dead links and nothing else.

Features I would like to see to address this:
  1. Please add a function that sends an alert to the poster that their link is dead. Send them to a page that lists all their dead links and states clearly on the page that they need to fix this. Optimally this would be phrased.
  2. Add a dead links moderator queue and list the number of dead links in moderator bar. Only show the dead links which reside in the forum of the moderator. DLM has something like this.
  3. Priortize dead links by domain prevalence and by member activity (inactive members are unlikely to address the issue themselves)
  4. Completely blacklist some URLs even if the status is OK.

I have been using Dead Links manager and we have 15k dead links.
There needs to be a way for the community to fix this. Not only because it saves the admin work, but also because it allows members to fix broken posts. Many posts only contain dead links and nothing else.

Features I would like to see to address this:
  1. Please add a function that sends an alert to the poster that their link is dead. Send them to a page that lists all their dead links and states clearly on the page that they need to fix this. Optimally this would be phrased.
  2. Add a dead links moderator queue and list the number of dead links in moderator bar. Only show the dead links which reside in the forum of the moderator. DLM has something like this.
  3. Priortize dead links by domain prevalence and by member activity (inactive members are unlikely to address the issue themselves)
  4. Completely blacklist some URLs even if the status is OK.

Thank you for the suggestions. Everything will be considered and implemented. We will keep updated here about the upcoming versions.

Thank you!

For now, most likely Moderation Queue support will be the priority. The ability to hide particular links or hide all links using some particular status will be implemented as well. Other features requested will be implemented around one-two features per week.

Thank you!

@AddonsLab Please let me know does its support Link check Without https or http, only www in URL? As well IMG URL BB Code check?

Example:

[ URL='https:// postimages.org/'][ IMG]https:// s4.postimg.org/3pbi94jh9/favourites.png[ /IMG][ /URL]

[ IMG]https:// s4.postimg.org/3pbi94jh9/favourites.png[ /IMG]

@AddonsLab Please let me know does its support Link check Without https or http, only www in URL?

The URLs need to be simply valid, www or no www doesn't matter. For one domain a URL with www may be invalid, for another one it may be valid, there is no general rule for this. We don't check the URL structure, we check it using Zend Framework, making actually a request to the URL. If the URL is malformed, you will see it under Invalid URL status, if it is valid, then you will see what is the response.

As well IMG URL BB Code check?

Images are not links and are not considered in this add-on. We may decide to release another add-on that allows managing the images throughout the board, just like this one is for managing the links.

Thank you!

Images are not links and are not considered in this add-on. We may decide to release another add-on that allows managing the images throughout the board, just like this one is for managing the links.

I have completed Purchased Addons. Why not check this type URL [ URL='https:// postimages.org/'][ IMG]https:// s4.postimg.org/3pbi94jh9/favourites.png[ /IMG][ /URL] ? Other add-on does? Then how many add-on you will force to installing for URL link? Link checker are not means link managing? Installing lot of add-on are not good idea for performance.

I have completed Purchased Addons. Why not check this type URL [ URL='https:// postimages.org/'][ IMG]https:// s4.postimg.org/3pbi94jh9/favourites.png[ /IMG][ /URL] ? Other add-on does? Then how many add-on you will force to installing for URL link? Link checker are not means link managing? Installing lot of add-on are not good idea for performance.

Thank you for the purchase.

The tag you mentioned has URL in it, and of course, the URL will be checked and reported in our add-on. It has, however, IMG tag as well. Of course, images are using URLs to load data, but checking "validity" of an image goes farther than just checking if a URL exists or no, and is out of the scope of this add-on.

If we decide to create an add-on for image management, we will make sure its performance is optimized. All our add-ons are highly optimised, they don't execute queries when users load the pages, and do the checks in background, so having another add-on installed practically does not affect board performance, but of course, requires additional resources for add-on functionality itself, so if you have many images, of course it is going to require some resources to check all these images.

Please let us know if there are any problems, here or in our support system at https://customers.addonslab.com/submitticket.php and we will assist you with it asap.

Thank you!

Top Bottom