Like Not Working (& Not Appearing in Posts)

Vilandra

Having a problem with the "Like" system. When I click on Like in a post, the "working" graphic appears and disappears, but nothing shows up on the post and the person is not credited with a Like.

I'm using the default template for posts and the default color scheme.

Can anyone suggest what I could try to troubleshoot this? I'm kind of at a loss. Thanks!

Let's do some standard troubleshooting.

1) Try to reproduce the problem on a default style. Create a new style with no parent:

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Styles -> Create New Style

Then select that style on your forum. If the problem goes away when using the new style then you know it's a problem with your custom style.

2) Try disabling your addons:

Admin CP -> Home -> List Add-ons -> Disable (in the Control menu for each addon)

Nope, neither of those worked. But thanks for the suggestions! :)

If I right click on Like and open it a new window, it asks me if I really want to Like this post, and if I click on Submit, it takes me back to the thread, but the post is not Liked and it says the user has 0 liked posts.

The only thing I've been doing recently is changing the color palette. Though I'm not sure whether this ever worked on my installation - I can't find any existing Likes at all for any of my users. I did import a vb 3.8 board into XF.

:)

Are you now live with the imported database? Or is this a test xf installation?

Yes, I've been live for a few days now. I did a test import and didn't notice anything not working properly...but I can't say for sure whether I tested the Like feature.

Does the like work when clicking on it normally, not opening it in a new window?

Can you provide a test account?

Nope, the Like does not work when clicking it normally - I see the processing graphic but nothing actually happens.

Thanks!

This is a stab in the dark, though I have seen it once or twice. I'm not sure what causes it, and I'm trying to make changes to ensure it never happens.

Run this query, refresh the page, and see if you can like a post then:

DELETE FROM xf_data_registry WHERE data_key = 'contentTypes';

This is a stab in the dark, though I have seen it once or twice. I'm not sure what causes it, and I'm trying to make changes to ensure it never happens.

Run this query, refresh the page, and see if you can like a post then:

DELETE FROM xf_data_registry WHERE data_key = 'contentTypes';
that didn't work for me

"Like" button is gone in Beta 6 for me...

found the problem - permissions changed themselves
Administrative changed itself to DENY, I changed it manually to ALLOW
Registered was set at DEFAULT but I changed it to ALLOW and "Like" link reappeared under posts for registered users

Top Bottom